Votes: 80 49.4%
  • Kayak (or other non-motorized device)

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • shore

Votes: 80 49.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

String:
Ive done exactly one shore dive in my life and hated it. Besides, you dont get decent intact wrecks within a few hundred meters of shore :)

All bar one of my sea dives have been off a boat.

This depends on where you are. There are some great wrecks locally that can be done from shore.

mostly shore dives here but that's because I'm so far from the ocean. If I lived on an island I'd seldom shore dive.

Al Mialkovsky:
mostly shore dives here but that's because I'm so far from the ocean. If I lived on an island I'd seldom shore dive.

like when you come to Maui and "only" do 5 shore dives/day? :wink: just givin' you a hard time Al :wink:

I love the independence of shore diving, but the ease of backrolling into bathtub-warm water is terrific. Since I get seasick easily though I'm not too keen on long boat trips to get to the dive sites!

probably 90% shore and 10% boat. Not the way I prefer but I to am quite boatless :D

About 70% boat and 30% shore. Now I have discovered the joys of the liveaboard I plan on quite a few more of those!

I mostly dive lakes but about 90% of my dives are done from a boat, 5% from SeaDoos, and the other 5% are shore dives. The only time I shore dive is when I am diving a locale where boats are not allowed.

All my local dives are from shore, i live near a lake, but all my trip dives are all from boats.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom