Votes: 80 49.4%
  • Kayak (or other non-motorized device)

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • shore

Votes: 80 49.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rubberduck

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
How do you do the "majority" of your dives:
Boat (motorized)
Shore
Kayak (or other non motorized)

Ive done exactly one shore dive in my life and hated it. Besides, you dont get decent intact wrecks within a few hundred meters of shore :)

All bar one of my sea dives have been off a boat.

Since the majority of my dives are springs, caverns, and caves, we walk to them. I guess that would be a "shore" dive since boats are not involved, yet many caves and caverns have little or no shore but walk-ways from the parking lot to the hole.

I do about a 50-50 Shore and boat here in FL.
In New England 95% boat and 5% shore(mostly in the winter)

Most of my dives are from shore, but I do quite a few "boat" dives from a tiny boat with a tiny motor. I can't afford to charter often, but enjoy it when I can.

I am betting mine would be 50-50. Mostly fresh water. We go out with a dive shop, sometimes rent pontoons, sometimes off the shore. Even with the dive shop and going out on a boat, sometimes the entry is shore depending on the sites. And, my all time favorite is a friend that invites us to dive from his house boat. When we come up, sometimes he has dinner ready to come off the grill.

Even in Cozumel, we took advantage of a few shore dives. One was a great one with my younger daughter. The current was oddly neglible. We didn't get over 24' deep and spent a lot of time under. She was very inquisitve about things I would have passed by. Saw some very neat things for us (being new to salt water). Later, with my older daughter, we did a night shore dive and it was a nightmare of current. We swam for 20 minutes and got nowhere. We got out and walked 150 yards, got in and flew the current back. Took less than 5 minutes!

DS tank wipe:
All dives can be shore dives if you have big enough tanks :)
Yes... I heard Andrea Doria is a nice shore dive... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom