Dive Trip - "I should have brought..."

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vox

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey everyone...

Headed to Belize at the end of the month.

I'm making a couple lists of things to include - save-a-dive kit - safety sausage - etc.

I was wondering if there were any "I should have's" that some of you encountered on dive trips in the past.

Like, "I should have brought..." ...an extra pair of tennis shoes.

or...

"I should have brought..." ...Immodium! (LOL!)

or...

"I should have brought..." ...more sunblock.

I'm also curious...is there anything you ever brought that you never used? I know I went on a cruise once and I totally overpacked. Took a bunch of stuff and in the end, I used a bathing suit, a couple pairs of shorts and shirts...and that was about it.

Thanks for all feedback!

~m

I always like to take the Reef Fish Identification and Reef Creature Identification books. It is always fun to have them on the boat to identify things everybody saw on the dive. It's a tough choice, though, because they are pretty heavy and weight limits are getting tough.

Any time you travel, take more in your save-a-dive than you would locally. On our last High Springs trip, we had reg failures, LP hose falures, SPG o-rings, inflator hose tears....the works. If you'll have a access to hoses, etc nearby, cut back on what you bring, otherwise, be prepared.

On the two trips I took it was definitely "I should have brought LESS STUFF!"

That extra mask is staying home next time as are the extra four swimsuits.

Most importantly, I'll leave the socks at home :)

ONe thing I did not forget but often do on other trips is insect repellent.

Kona coffee, ground.

Coffee press

down pillow

1/2 the clothes, twice the money

Bring some #%$^&^% common sense while you are at it. I know plenty of divers who forget to bring it when they go diving. Going to a foreign country makes it extra important.

For example: Don't just jump in the blue hole with a single AL 80 and a rental reg.

Don't mess around too much with the island girls.

Don't drink the water.

Don't approach the monster hammerhead.

divingjd:
I always like to take the Reef Fish Identification and Reef Creature Identification books. It is always fun to have them on the boat to identify things everybody saw on the dive. It's a tough choice, though, because they are pretty heavy and weight limits are getting tough.
There's a condensed version with waterproof pages for the Caribbean fish. I like to tuck that into my dive bag--takes up no room, no weight to speak of.

Vayu, where's the adventure in that? :wink:

Antibiotics - I never go to tropical waters without them.

catherine96821:
Kona coffee, ground.

Coffee press

down pillow

1/2 the clothes, twice the money

We bring whole beans and a grinder! Although I found you can buy a coffee maker almost anywhere, but it is hard to heat water in a hotel room. I always bring too many clothes and shoes. I'll try the down pillow next time. There are never enough pillows. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom