Dive/ Travel Insurance for living abroad (personal coverage, not liability).

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

globetrotter753

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi all.
I'm looking for opinions on dive/ travel insurance plans from any company. Specially I am looking for the opinions of professional divers permanently living abroad (at least 1 year) or ex-pat divers.
I am not referring to liability insurance.
Many plans that I have come across only offer coverage for trips with a certain medium amount of days.
Other travel insurance plans [that I have found] that do offer full year coverage, don't cover diving.
Other diving plans only cover diving related incidents...
Any advice and/ or personal experiences will be greatly appreciated!
🙏🏽 Thanks in advance!
P.S. sorry if this discussion exists already, but I didn't manage to find it.

Hi all.
I'm looking for opinions on dive/ travel insurance plans from any company. Specially I am looking for the opinions of professional divers permanently living abroad (at least 1 year) or ex-pat divers.
I am not referring to liability insurance.
Many plans that I have come across only offer coverage for trips with a certain medium amount of days.
Other travel insurance plans [that I have found] that do offer full year coverage, don't cover diving.
Other diving plans only cover diving related incidents...
Any advice and/ or personal experiences will be greatly appreciated!
🙏🏽 Thanks in advance!
P.S. sorry if this discussion exists already, but I didn't manage to find it.
I was in the Bahamas last week and got the Bends, I was taken to Rock port Urgent care accessed and then flown to Nassau, while in the Hospital I racked up a 15,000 Hospital bill which I had to pay and the other center got me for 920.00 bucks! Add another $7,500.00 for a 20 minute flight to the Hospital in Nassau, from Rockport Eleuthera Bahamas, I was also placed in the Chamber for 3 hrs., according to DAN Travel assist once they get all the receipts, doctors reports , hospital EOB, I get all my Moneys back, I have coverage up to 150.000 dollars , better keep that DAN up to date, better get a good credit card with a High Balance of a least 45,000 just for emergencies. These third and second world countries dont care about your insurance, you are a visitor , non citizen and they would not even see me until I gave them $8,000
The DAN insurance is International and you are covered, just do due diligence and keep up all your receipts or you wont get your money back!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom