Dive to end all dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What a great story, and way big Karma points for you. Mahalo nui loa.

Great Job! Glad you saved the shark from certain death. They are truly magnificent animals. That pic looks like a good candidate for a color correction. If you can email it to me I'll be happy to do it for you and send it back. You'd be surprised at the difference it can (sometimes) make. Maybe then we could really see the distinguishing spots Smellz was talking about.

Thanks for this nice 'feel good' post. We needed something upbeat around here lately!

If you care to take me up on the color correction here's my email address for you:

shakadoug@helloworld.com (one of my side gigs...)

Hey, I took ther liberty of working with your thumbnail image and here's the results. This picture will look very good with a CC! Have a look!

5740_1176906056344_1038890729_550279_1627998_n.jpg

Last edited:
That's a great story! Thank you for sharing, and thank you (from the shark and me) for rescuing her and making the call to get that net removed.

PS, I'd be happy to identify the shark for you and update you on where else its been seen, but I don't see any of the distinguishing black spots on its side or any other identifying characteristics. Any other pics?

Nope. Like I said, viz was horrible (for the island) and it was in the net.

Great Job! Glad you saved the shark from certain death. They are truly magnificent animals. That pic looks like a good candidate for a color correction. If you can email it to me I'll be happy to do it for you and send it back. You'd be surprised at the difference it can (sometimes) make. Maybe then we could really see the distinguishing spots Smellz was talking about.

Thanks for this nice 'feel good' post. We needed something upbeat around here lately!

If you care to take me up on the color correction here's my email address for you:

shakadoug@helloworld.com (one of my side gigs...)

Hey, I took ther liberty of working with your thumbnail image and here's the results. This picture will look very good with a CC! Have a look!

5740_1176906056344_1038890729_550279_1627998_n.jpg

Thanks. I emailed you a pic. I really wish I had more/better pics, but like I said, "Once my mind was made up to save it I was only thinking about the shark". My main purpose of the pic was for DLNR if they wanted to see some proof.

Makes me proud to be a diver.

Many thanks and mahalos!

Posted via Mobile Device

Wonderful rockjock3! mahalo for saving the shark and sharing your story....you definitely get a gold star for this one :D

:thumb: :thumb: Two thumbs up for that rockjock3!

I've got to say, I'd have probably been pretty nervous about trying to safely release the shark (I'd be concerned it might see me as it's tormentor), but it sounds like you did everything 100% perfect!

Great job, and thanks for sharing.

Best wishes.

Check your email Rock. I included video mail explaining what I was able to do. The pic came out really great! You will be pleasantly surprised at the colors now! Get it and please repost it for all to see!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom