Dive to end all dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:thumb: :thumb: Two thumbs up for that rockjock3!

I've got to say, I'd have probably been pretty nervous about trying to safely release the shark (I'd be concerned it might see me as it's tormentor), but it sounds like you did everything 100% perfect!

Great job, and thanks for sharing.

Best wishes.

I have to say that I was really never scared, just determined. I did think about it after the fact and figured, "Hey, I got 3 guys around me to help and if it had taken a nip it would have just been extra cool points for my story."

Check your email Rock. I included video mail explaining what I was able to do. The pic came out really great! You will be pleasantly surprised at the colors now! Get it and please repost it for all to see!
didn't come through yet. I'll keep checking.

You want me to just post it here for you? I can do that right now.

That would be fine. I don't think AOL will take over 2mb.

Thanks to Shaka Doug for this nice edit.

Amazing, amazing, amazing! What an experience! thanks for sharing it with us. I'm very proud of you and your determination

best20smiley.gif

Thanks for sharing this and thanks for saving the shark!!! It's great to see that some of us (or most of us I should say) still care about underwater life.

Shaka Doug great job with the picture!!!

Thanks but it was really nothing tricky. I just clicked one button on my photo editor and WHAM the colors popped right out from the blue. It's a feature called Auto Color Correct. It's in a program called Microsoft Picture It. It works great on pics like that. I use it a lot on photos that are shot without a flash due to high silting. Sometimes it just blows me away what kind of difference it makes.

Rockjock deserves all the credit for taking the shot (with no flash!), helping the shark and posting the pic for us to see. The pat on the back goes to him!

Back
Top Bottom