Dive The World's Only Authentic Pirate Shipwreck!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

laurend

New
Reaction score
Hi!
So I know You are all looking for cool new diving expeditions and I found this really cool opportunity on Charityfolks.com! It allows you to Join the world-famous dive team beneath the waters of Cape Cod as they explore the legendary wreck of the pirate ship Whydah! All the proceeds for this auction go to benefit the Center for Historic Shipwreck Preservation/Whydah Project! So not only can you enjoy the dive of your life but its for a good cause!!
So Check it out: Charity Folks | Online Auctions

$3500?! wow, maybe just jump in a blow bubbles in true pirate fashion. any unmanned vessel out at sea is fairgame :wink:

The folks at Queen Anne's Revenge might argue with you about being the only authentic pirate ship. And, you can do an expedition there for a mere $500.

Blackbeard was not a pirate at the time he scuttled his skow, just a old washed up drunk and a thief. I wonder why people are even interested in hero worship of these dead thieves rapist and murderers! Least we forget why they are even in the history books!

All I will say in response to seeing this last post is read your history. While definitely a thief and possibly a murdered (no actual documentation for murder) at the time of his vessel's grounding Blackbeard was fresh from a week long blockade of Charlestown harbor (Charleston SC) and was leading a fleet of 4 vessels. Still very actively a pirate. With the Queen Anne's Revenge (a converted French light frigate corsair) and three smaller sloops, a total company of at least 300 men, he could outfight and outgun anything he encountered in the New World. I could discuss more but ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom