Dive the Oriskany with the Pensacola Dive Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
We are a non profit club, unless you count shooting fish as a profit. WE cook out after we get back..fresh Red Snapper, Grouper, Trigger, Amberjack, Cobia, Flounder all cooked up on the grill or fried southern Italian style. check out the club at www.pensacoladivecompany.com She should go down early June, so let's keep are fingers crossed and for those of you who have never visited Pensacola it's still affordable to live down here. If you need help finding accomodations let's us know. Maybe one of the club members can put you up at their house.
Cheers,
Capt Ron
www.pensacoladivecompany.com

Welcome (Scub)aBoard! :happywave

Click [thread=91105]here[/thread] for ScubaBoard 101: [thread=91105]A beginner's guide to the ScubaBoard.Com forums[/thread].

Don’t forget to fill out your Public Profile (and Dive Info) on one of your next surface intervals so we can get to know you a little bit better. Besides, it will make it easier for us to answer your questions. Please, do add a Profile Pic. If you’re not in a particularly creative mood, you can have a look at my Public Profile for inspiration.

Any questions? Just click this link: Send me a PM!

Laurens

This message brought to you by GreetBot R/2 :D

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

Checked out your page..., $150/Oriskany trip..., is that an all day event....? I'm not a nautical expert, but I'm guessing a 22 mile boat ride takes a few hours...

-Tim

Pensacola Dive Co:
We are a non profit club, unless you count shooting fish as a profit. WE cook out after we get back..fresh Red Snapper, Grouper, Trigger, Amberjack, Cobia, Flounder all cooked up on the grill or fried southern Italian style. check out the club at www.pensacoladivecompany.com She should go down early June, so let's keep are fingers crossed and for those of you who have never visited Pensacola it's still affordable to live down here. If you need help finding accomodations let's us know. Maybe one of the club members can put you up at their house.
Cheers,
Capt Ron

Is that scuba dog on your web site real?

Alex

Ron welcome to the board,
I'm just a newbie to the board myself, but I had to say hello to a fellow Floridian. I grew up in Milton (NE of P-cola) and can't wait to get back. I'm in the AF right now, but next time I go home I'll be sure to look you up for a trip out to the Oriskany. I did my deep advanced dive on the Pete Tide and it was amazing.
Hope to see ya soon,

netmage,
Depending on the seas, flat should take 45 min, 2-4'seas 1.5-2 hours. 4-6' seas stay home or dive the Bay. My boat cruises at 26 knots with six divers and gear. All the boat captains get together and decide on a price, it's kinda like mafia style. it's a no no to undercut anybody or apparently to charge more, but when you factor in fuel, time, insurance, and liability being that far out...it's a fair price. The trick is to carry as many passengers as possible and I'm limited to six. At least I let my customers pic the sites they want, with a small boat doign private groups I can do that.

AlexRodriguez,
I do believe the dog in the picture is perfectly real, he is not my dog nor do I know who's dog it is but it's a popular pic.

Primdrumma,
Hope you come down and spearfish with us, we have some bad *** cook-outs!

cheers,
Capt Ron

I am curious -- what certifications are you going to require for this trip?

Even in the best conditions - if they are able to put her on the bottom upright - this is likely to be an advanced dive.

Throwing just anybody into the water to take a look does not seem wise.

I wonder how many lives she will take.

netmage:
Checked out your page..., $150/Oriskany trip..., is that an all day event....? I'm not a nautical expert, but I'm guessing a 22 mile boat ride takes a few hours...

-Tim

For what its worth, its $110 for most 2 tank boat trips out to 20 miles directly offshore around here after gas prices shot up. Thats with a SI of about an hour. I guess the extra hour SI + extended bottom time on the 2nd dive cost $40. Nobody ever disagreed that time = $$. Seems a fair enough price I suppose, considering the boat probably wouldn't be back in time for another charter within daylight, even if you left fairly early. Its a big boat, demand to dive it will be high I'd imagine. Demand denotes higher prices :)

TekDiveGirl:
I am curious -- what certifications are you going to require for this trip?

Even in the best conditions - if they are able to put her on the bottom upright - this is likely to be an advanced dive.

Throwing just anybody into the water to take a look does not seem wise.

I wonder how many lives she will take.

Surely people will be lost on it.

The superstructure will be quite large, OW divers could spend more than a few tanks on it alone without getting bored I'd imagine. The top of it should sit at around 60' if all goes well.

Due to the longevity of the trip what do you have in mind for alloted dive time? Are you allowing for 2 or 3 tank dives? Will you be allowing planned deco dives with proper certification and equipment? Or are we going 22 miles for two 7 minute bounce dives? (still worthy trip at a great price)

The stats show the flight deck @ 130. Is this before her mass settles into the sand or after?

Is their an ETA on how long before she is legally divable if all goes according to plan from the time she hits the sand? Day or 2? 1week? 2? Month+?

When will you be accepting reservations for trips?

Thank you and look forward to diving w/ You.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom