Dive Tampa/St Pete area in....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FSUgly

Contributor
Reaction score
2 weeks. My brother-in-law and myself will be heading down Friday afternoon, Mar 19th (staying the night) and diving Saturday (all day if possible :wink: ). Any recommendations? We have no idea what is down there. Would love to get in the ocean, but not if water temp is below 65 degrees (at which time we'll dive Crystal River, Kings Spring, again, and/or Devils Den. Venice Beach does sound interesting to me, but again, not sure where to go, or what temp and vis is like. ANY help/info is greatly appreciated......

At Venice Beach Saturday, the vis was 3' and the water temp was 75. If you want to go there, do a search for "alhambra" and you'll get excellent directions posted by Walter. I don't think I'll be able to make it to VB in two weeks, but I'm sure if you want to go you can get a buddy, or two, or three that's willing to show you around.

There's also charters you can take starting around $65 and going up to around $100. There's also a wreck - the sugar barge that's a beach dive in Bradenton (1/2 way between Venice and Tampa)

FSUgly:
2 weeks. My brother-in-law and myself will be heading down Friday afternoon, Mar 19th (staying the night) and diving Saturday (all day if possible :wink: ). Any recommendations?

Contact Bob or Heather at Sunshine Scuba. They'll take great care of you.

Tell 'em Rick from Los Angeles sent you.

Thanks for the info. WOW, 75 degrees. Its 55 up here in this area (actually Ft Walton/Destin). That would be very nice.

I plan on calling Sunshine tomorrow to see what they have, or if anyone plans on Venice Diving that weekend, I may be able to do that too (we'll see).

Thanks again,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom