Dive Sites Maps of the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is interesting to read the responses about the map. We are working on a hyperlinked map (includes photos/movies) for "all" of the known dive sites in the Philippines. Yep, you read it right...."all" known dive sites. Needless to say, this is a huge project and is taking much longer than we thought. In the end, a visiting diver (or local) will be able to load the CD and pick where they want to dive and get the info needed to get a good orientation. Anyone want to help?

boljakool:
Here's Verde Island.

I included the Google logo now.

VerdeIsland-DiveSites.jpg

where is agapito? and the Washing Machine is in the southern part of the island, the point near the Drop Point site.

@babydamulag>> i'd surely love to help with your project. please pm me details.

@jon>> yes, pards, the book would be of great help.

@caloy>> will make updates when i get the book from jonix.

Babydamulag:
It is interesting to read the responses about the map. We are working on a hyperlinked map (includes photos/movies) for "all" of the known dive sites in the Philippines. Yep, you read it right...."all" known dive sites. Needless to say, this is a huge project and is taking much longer than we thought. In the end, a visiting diver (or local) will be able to load the CD and pick where they want to dive and get the info needed to get a good orientation. Anyone want to help?
you got a budget? sounds like a lot of fun... and a lot more work...

Jag

No budget. Just work it during spare time. This is important to us and the dive community at large. At first, I figure it would not be difficult to assemble the list of known dive sites......oh boy.....surprise, surprise. Places like PG are well documented. Places like ours (new and coming online) are documented as well. It seems to all of the "other" locations (the smaller dive locales) that are not as well written about. If you want we can build a team of information gatherers from all over and assemble the data. It would be worth the effort...no doubt. I am looking at the end-state product looking like the slug forum website but with divesite details. We'll host it on our domain and even sell if CD if it becomes necessary. Thoughts, ideas?!?!?!?!

Babydamulag:
No budget. Just work it during spare time. This is important to us and the dive community at large. At first, I figure it would not be difficult to assemble the list of known dive sites......oh boy.....surprise, surprise. Places like PG are well documented. Places like ours (new and coming online) are documented as well. It seems to all of the "other" locations (the smaller dive locales) that are not as well written about. If you want we can build a team of information gatherers from all over and assemble the data. It would be worth the effort...no doubt. I am looking at the end-state product looking like the slug forum website but with divesite details. We'll host it on our domain and even sell if CD if it becomes necessary. Thoughts, ideas?!?!?!?!
toughts: rather than 1 CD, a series of CDs based on general geography (batangas/ mindoro, cebu/ bohol, tuba, mindanao, etc etc etc)

whatever it is: I'M IN!

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom