Dive Sites Maps of the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you are welcome to use my map and info of puerto galera dive sites as a resource. I also have a huge wiki of all the critters. Soon I will add my underwater maps too and video clips. enjoy.....

divebigapple.com/dive_sites.shtml

...... Soon I will add my underwater maps .....
Hi,
how accurate are your underwater maps?

I REALLY would like to create a virtual dive site for the Philippines, but so far I was not able to find ANY decent map and/or bathymetry dataset :depressed:

Need some help here

Alberto (aka eDiver)

My U/W maps are artists impressions. Some say they are very accurate and really give the divers a good impression of what to expect. There are no measured distances between objects but the depths and scale is accurate. I will upload one to my website soon so you can see.

I made them by taking a large slate and a reef hook down with me and drawing what I could see. Sometimes quite difficult at 30m+ in a 12knot current :) Anyway the slate was dried off and scanned into my pc where I traced off the images in photoshop and pieced them together to make the final map.

On the wall outside my shop is a good example of this, it has been redrawn free hand onto an a1 sized whiteboard. Maybe ten slates/scans all pieced together. It covers West Escarceo to The Abyss running West to East and Fish Bowl to the Pink Wall running North to South with everything in between (Hole in the wall, Shark Caves, Atoll, Canyons, Horse Head Reef, Joshua's Wall).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom