Dive sites in Pensacola area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Shane

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone,

So I have found the dive charter that I want to dive with in Pensacola and have decided to dive the Oriskany, and I was wondering what other dive site is a must in the Pensacola area? Has anyone dove the Massachusetts before? Is it worth diving?

Shane

The Massachusetts is a tough dive. It is right outside the Pensacola Pass and the currents there are always ripping. Plus there is always a ton of boat traffic there catching bait on their way out. If you can time it right the dive is decent but most dive charters are usually taking people to other wrecks. Depends on what you are looking for to see. We have a wide range of wrecks. I would look into either the Avocet or Antares. Those two are deeper dives ~135 to the sand depending on where you are on the wreck. What charter boat did you decide on?

I am going with Dr. Dive, when I posted for dive operators it came out as the most popular

I don't have any inputs on whether they are good or bad. I have never had the need to take a charter since I have been here so I really only know of one since he is always in the dive shop I frequent. I will say the people at Dive Pros as well as MBT Divers are great people and they wouldn't recommend or be affiliated with a bad charter captain. The ride on that Glacier Bay sure is nice though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom