Dive sites around military bases

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firebrand:
I was just wondering about local dive sites around military bases you may be at or were at. I'll begin the list with my current duty station.

Redstone Arsenal -

Blase, did you get the reply email about the quarry on base?

-mike

Ben_ca:
Defense Language Institute, The Presidio of Monterey and The Naval Post Graduate School are in Monterey, CA great diving year round

Ft Hunter Liggett and Ft Ord are also within reasonable drives.
Ah the red triangle, Kelp forrest's, and playing catch with Sea Otters and lift bags. Bugs, Abalone, MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM SEA FOOD. I hope AG gets the Job at DLI after we get to HI so we can transfer to Monterey. Thats the long range plan anyway.

Iraq - just a whole bunch of sand. I guess if you are brave enough you could dive in either the Tigris or Euphrates rivers but after all of the polution I have seen floating down the river, I think I'll pass on diving into those waters.

MilitantMedic:
What no drysuit and full face?
I had a Gunny that was a com diver B4 he Joined the Corps and he told me about diving sewers in fully enclosed suits and he still ended up smellin like DOODOO. think about it even a dry suit gets a bit wet every once in a while.

Back
Top Bottom