dive shops in Belize??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peacock62

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all !!

I am traveling to Belize, Ambergris Key in November. Does anyone have any reccomendations on a charter ?
We will be there 7 days and probably only dive 2 days.
Would you reccomend bring my own gear or just renting ? luggage fees......
Any dives sight better then others ??
Any suggestions would be great!!

be safe.
Mark

Mark,
Where are you staying on the Caye?
There are tons of dive shops along a long skinny island and some are more practical location wise.
We pick up at most but not all.
We have new rental equipment and its some times easier to rent than to carry on airlines these days.
There is a map of the sites on the blog below.

Today's News for White Sands Dive Shop at San Pedro Ambergris Caye Belize

My family and I have used Chuck and Robbies several times. We have always been very happy with them. They have good rental gear, so for just two days of diving that would be convenient.

Don't mean to take over this thread but have the same question and we may be there the same time as peacock62.
Just booked 11/19-26 on Ambergris Caye staying at the Sunbreeze suites they offer packages with Hugh Parkey’s (who they purchased in 2010) but not much mention of them on the SB. Read good things here about Amigos Del Mar who replied they run to BlueHole but not likely Turneffe (need 8 divers for longer trips) other plus is Amigos is just a few steps away from the SB Suites. Read good things here about Aqua Scuba and Action Belize.
Looking to dive five days & ultimately would like to dive both Turneffe elbow and Light house reef/Aquarium not that interested in diving the Hole but seems like it part of that trip to LH reef.

Thanks for suggestions
BTW toyed with the idea of staying at Turneffe (sold out) BlackBird and Huracan but pricey and as a first time here wanted to get a better feel for the area and take a day trip off to the mainland.

We dived with Hugh Parkey's and had a great time. All of the staff really enjoyed what they did and took really good care of us. The crew made sure we got the most out of the diving while still being safe and fun.

Hugh Parkey's Belize Dive Connection is not owned by Sunbreeze Hotel, and it has a superb reputation. Another local small dive center that is much liked is Island Divers.

I dove with Hugh Parkey's for a week and they were terrific. Haven't used others, so I can't compare, but I was very happy with HP.
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
The owner of Island Divers, Rudy, has a very solid reputation on the island. They would be my choice. Their website leaves a lot to be desired, but the quality of the op is top notch.

Thanks Just sent a note off to Rudy at I.D. to see what they can offer. I did get a reply from Shiana at Amigos Del Mar she gave me a quote of $550 pp for 4 days local, 1 night and one 3 tank to Turneffe she didn't like adding Turneffe as most divers want to go B.H. so they wont go if boat isn't full. Can understand given price of fuel.
Any other suggestions (aside from staying out there) on a Dive OP that would make two long trips in a week to Turneffe & BH ?

My wife and I just returned from Ambergris, stayed at The Palms and dove next door with Ramon's. Had an amazing time... can't believe how easy it was and we can't wait to go back. Adolfo at Ramon's was great and we just lockered all our gear there right on their dock. You just pick a locker and they give you a lock for the week. We never setup dives in advance, just showed up if we felt like diving that day. They went out pretty much like everyone else there: 9, 11a.m. and 2p.m. Great town and people. I'll probably check out Chuck and Robbie's next time down though just to spread it around a little since I met Chuck at Estel's and seemed like a really nice guy. There's dive ops all along the way there and we just picked Ramon's because their boats looked big. ha!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom