Dive shop with Valet Diving Turks snd Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My husband I will be traveling to Turks in August. Valet Diving is important as due to a back injury I cannot lift anything heavy. I put on and take off equipment in the water and prefer to dive with the smaller ‘60’ tanks. Advanced Diver with 200+ dives.
Also prefer ‘nicer’ ‘suite-type’ accommodations. All suggestions appreciated.

I have dived with Aqua TCI and Dive Provo (when Aqua TCI was not back up and running after the hurricane). Aqua TCI was great. I know the owner uses a small tank, but I don't know how many they have. Dive Provo is like a cattle boat. Nice people, but I probably wouldn't use them again. Both stays we stayed at the West Bay Club, which has the Thursday night cookout right next to it (if they're still doing it). Phenomenal beach in front of the Club. Some places don't have as long of a beach between the hotel and the water. Try to get an end unit, facing the water. I think end units get a better breeze on the balcony. Make sure to visit Bugaloos restaurant. You will probably want to bring home some of their hot sauce. I hope that helps.

Edit: Stayed at the West Bay Club.

Best bet is to contact a shop directly. There are not that many. Dive Provo would be the first I would contact.

+1 on Aqua TCI. My wife and I dived with them in November of last year (2020) and were very pleased. Will definitely dive with them again when we are on the island. I recommend Omar's and Mango Reef for lunch post-dive. Both are excellent. We stayed at Point Grace (also highly recommended).

On my first trip to Provo, I stayed at the Ports of Call (at the time it was the Best Western) and dove with Dive Provo. I would have no hesitation to recommend them. I did not find them to be "Cattle Boats".

The big drawback is that from Provo, it is often a 45 minute to an hour transit to the dive sites. A two tank dive eats up a significant chunk of the day. Another option that you may consider is to catch a "Puddle Jumper" over to Grand Turk and stay at Bohio. Grand Turk is more laid back than Provo, but Bohio is a small resort run by Tom and Ginny, a couple Canadian expats. If you touch base with them and explain your needs I am sure that they will ensure that they meet them. Transits from the Bohio beach to the dive sites are more in the 5 minute range.

The big drawback is that from Provo, it is often a 45 minute to an hour transit to the dive sites.
That is true to some sites but not all. The Grace Bay Sites are 15-20 mins as I recall. If you mean from pick up from your hotel to the dive site then yes I agree that would be correct as far as time.

Also, what is a drawback for some is an adventure for others. I love the ride out to West Caicos over the broad expense of shallow turquois blue water. For those who are unfamiliar, take a look on google earth and you will see what I mean.

That is true to some sites but not all. The Grace Bay Sites are 15-20 mins as I recall. If you mean from pick up from your hotel to the dive site then yes I agree that would be correct as far as time.

Also, what is a drawback for some is an adventure for others. I love the ride out to West Caicos over the broad expense of shallow turquois blue water. For those who are unfamiliar, take a look on google earth and you will see what I mean.
I agree that it can be an adventure for some. I was there several years ago in the spring when the whales were migrating. At one point, the boat captain cut the engines and we just started to glide through the water. A momma whale and her calf surfaced right beside our boat, just a few feet away. It was something that so few people will ever experience.

Back
Top Bottom