Dive shop recommendation in Northern Westchester

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

accel_scuba

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm living in northern Westchester (Katonah) and am in need of a dive shop recommendation -- clearly one that's strong in travel, equipment servicing and education.

So far, I've found these 4... and none are too close to where I live.

Pan Aqua in Brookfield, CT
The Dive Shop in Brookfield, CT
Ski & Scuba Connection in Greenwich, CT
Capt Saams Scuba School in Stamford, CT

I know of Pan Aqua -- they were my LDS when I lived in NYC years back. Brookfield is a hike for me now.

Does anyone have experience with these? Or any other recommendations?

Thanks much!

Jason

Jason; Scuba NY is in Yonkers...on Central Ave..only facility in NY metro area with its own indoor heated pool...From Katonah it is maybe a 15/20 minute car ride. The Dive Shop has a pool also,but may be a longer ride for you.
I am in Greenburgh and it is maybe a 10 min ride for me to Scuba NY.
Scuba NY is a PADI 5 * facility ,if that means anything nowadays.I teach there and also teach independently .
I am also familiar with Greenwich store and with both Brookfield stores,have not heard any complaints about them.
I have had unsatisfied/disillussioned students come to me from Stamford store and have yet to hear good things about them.I only know what the students that started ow classes there and then dropped out tell me about them,no first hand experience.I reached out to them more than once via email and never received a response.
If you would like a introduction to Scuba NY facility contact me via PM and I can do it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom