Recommend tech-friendly dive shop in Reno NV? (or Vegas)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lv2dive

Formerly known as KatePNAtl
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I’ve got a friend who lives in Reno, and she is getting OW certified. She is a young professional with the means to support a diving addiction and I fully expect she will be diving often and moving into tech eventually (I’m mentoring her - she’s not going to go too far too fast).

Given that background, do any of you know of any tech-friendly shops in the area? She has had some challenges with what I would consider basics- finding paddle fins, for example. I believe it’s important to have a LDS and would like to point her in the direction of a shop that isn’t going to try and steer her away from a bp/w or towards split fins.

Also - her parents live in Vegas, where I also happen to visit often <g>, so any recommendations for tech-friendly shops there would be appreciated as well!

Thanks in advance!!!

Not in either location but Joel Silverstein runs Tech Diving Limited out of Lake Havasu further south along the Colorado River. They have a sister company that trains/dives. https://www.techdivinglimited.com/

I'm pretty sure they get up to Lake Mead near Vegas regularly since they're one of two shops that were/are? permitted to dive the B29 (although that may have stopped recently).

Also it's probably the deepest local water - we've had a drought for at least a decade.

Thanks @diversteve! Anyone with any experience with tech-friendly shops in those locations, esp. Reno?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom