Dive shop in Kailua?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mbriskin

Registered
Reaction score
I am going to be in Oahu staying in Kailua for 4 days and then at the ihilani resort.
I see there are dive shops in Kailua, can someone make some reccomendations?
Thanks
Mike

For "shopping," there's not much.

For "diving," I recommend Fathom Five in Old Koloa Town.

For "shopping," there's not much.

For "diving," I recommend Fathom Five in Old Koloa Town.
Charlie

Oooopppssss!!!!!!!

I misread the header.

NEVER MIND!

It's late, too late for me to be posting, obviously.

Sorry.

A year ago I would have recommended Aaron's with much enthusiasm. But after the last time I was in there, I have lost my spirit... They used to be very friendly, and they still are to customers, but there was some inter-employee bickering on the sales floor that made me raise an eyebrow. Now it may be that I was such a regular customer, that they felt more comfortable to do that around, but it still was not something for the sales floor.

As a shop, they are knowledgeable and friendly. They don't have a very large store, but they can order just about everything and have it there fairly quick. I have always had great customer service from them and Kirsty is an absolute sweetheart.

If you are looking to dive with them, they have a few different ones, but always do the same areas on the same days of the week. There is not a lot of diving (if any) in Kailua, but they will take you where the diving is.

Another option for diving is Kaimana Divers Kaimana Divers: SCUBA Diving in Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, Waikiki . Gabe doesn't have a storefront, but can arrange just about any dive you want.

Hope this helps!!!

Hi - I can't comment on Aarons - it had been recommended to me if I were to stay in Kailua again. But on Oahu - cross island from Kailua - I recommend Ocean Concepts on Makaha coast - awesome group and top notch operation, 2-tank AM boat dives. web: oceanconcepts.com - you can see their schedule. If you do this, definitely get there on a day for the Mahi Shipwreck - incredible! For a south island alternative, people I dove with recommended: Island Divers - web: oahuscubadiving.com. For North Shore, strong recommendations for Deep Ecology - web: deepecologyhawaii.com [the website is a bit annoying though]. Wish I were in Kailua!
Have Fun

When I lived in Kailua 2 years ago there were 2 shops there. Aaron's and Oahu Dive Shop. I liked Aaron's better and they were my local shop. Oahu Dive shop wasn't bad, I just liked the instructors at Aaron's better. Though I just heard that Oahu Dive Shop closed now? They were a hold 50 yards apart from each other. Times must be getting tough and I'm sure SCUBA isn't the most profitable when people aren't spending money traveling to Hawaii. :(

Been meaning to send this for a while.
I was in Kaulua in oct and dove with Aarons on one day and barefoot the next.
I would use Barfoot again in a heartbeat. Randy is a great guy and you get picked and the time comittment is much less than Aarons, less money also.
Really no downside.
Thanks for the reccomendation.
Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom