Dive Safaris in St. Maarten?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nothing but great things to say about Dive Safari. Their staff is knowledged and great to work with. Jefferson is an awesome dive guide. Try their shark feed. It was mind-blowing experience.

Pam

I also had a good experience with Dive Safari. The staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. (Yes, I even bought the tee shirt!).

Be aware that St. Maarten diving is good, but not great. Also, it tends to be open water, so be prepared for some rough surface intervals.

Dive safaris is my favorite divecentre of st maarten , good and funny !!
I go for my fourth time in February

i stummbled on this post ...so let me ask this any of you all dive little bay? i just booked with dive safari for me and my 11 yr old while on a cruise. if so does anybody have any pics?

Just checked my log book and we did Little Bay with Dive Safari Oct. '05. It was our 14th dive ever after being certified 2 months prior. Easy shallow dive, couple of old row boats, small submarine, other misc. stuff to see. We stayed down exactly one hour and used 2000 psi. Like I said, very easy dive so your kid should be just fine.

I dove Old Bay 22 Sept 05.. That was the day they sank that little sub. It was pretty cool the way they made a big deal out of it.. Almost like a ceremony.
You can see the sub before they sank it in this picture I took from the Crab..
I too will add my "Thumbs Up" for Dive Safaris. They were great!!!

I've being In St Maarten in January for my birthday and found out that Jeferson and Luciana both left Dive Safaris and now are running Ocean Explorers, I discovered where they were by accident since nobody at Dive Safaris would tell me and their staff it's all new now and constantly changing, when I so Jef on the Ocean's boar, next day I was there diving with them to have the same great experience as I ever did before!

Olphie:
Dive safaris is my favorite divecentre of st maarten , good and funny !!
I go for my fourth time in February

Keep in mind that the nice staff, Jeferson and Lu moved on and now are running Ocean Explorers.

MarkThomas:
I've being In St Maarten in January for my birthday and found out that Jeferson and Luciana both left Dive Safaris and now are running Ocean Explorers, I discovered where they were by accident since nobody at Dive Safaris would tell me and their staff it's all new now and constantly changing, when I so Jef on the Ocean's boar, next day I was there diving with them to have the same great experience as I ever did before!

Wow, did the Frenchs' leave, or are Jef and Luciana just divemastering with them?

Hope Jefferson can still get some good shark experiences going. I honestly thought he ran that dive with a great deal of respect and caution (respect both for the sharks as well as for the divers) rather than some of the chumsicle dives you read about in the Bahamas... would hate to hear he has to leave all that behind as Safari's "proprietary" dive or something.

Back
Top Bottom