Dive Rite RX2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark Michaud SELAUSAR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Has anyone used this light yet? I have the 700 LED and like it. I would like a substantially brighter light but I don't have a ton of money for one. This seems to be in my price range. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Hi Spd,

What are the specs of the light you are diving now? Also, what is your dive application (shallow reef, wreck penetration, etc.)

We use the LED 700 Flashlight as our back up lights in caves and it is a fine light, quite bright, albeit LED technology has now advanced to have brighter lights on the market.

Let me know how I can assist,
Kathleen

It is the LED 700 with the slimline can. I use it in the caves, rivers, even in a storm drain looking for evidence this past week at 0200 hours after a k-9 apprehension. I want something with a good bit more punch, but my 700 is as bright as any 10w hid I have compared it to. I did see the other post and emailed Mike. I would like to add the RX2 to the top with my 10w HID if the price is right and I can keep the 700 as a backup.

I haven't used the RX2 in the water, but I saw it at my LDS, and I was impressed with it. I too am using the 700 and I like it, but it does eat through batteries to maintain its brightness. I always have light from it, but it does dim rather quickly. I am working on trying to build a LiIon or LiPo battery pack for it to see what I can do for burn time.

It shouldn't do that. I get nearly 4 hours on mine. I assume you cycled the battery five or six times prior to using it. Maybe a bad battery. I just want something with more butt behind it for some of the dark walled caves I dive. These things eat light but I don't really want an HID. If I did 24w would be the smallest I would look for. I don't expect the RX2 to be a 24w but if it is a good bit brighter than my 700 I will go for it.

Has anyone used this light yet? I have the 700 LED and like it. I would like a substantially brighter light but I don't have a ton of money for one. This seems to be in my price range. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Played with one at Dive Oupost today. Showroom only never had it in the water. It's was bright on the low setting. Nevertheless the high setting was bright.

Planning to get one in a few weeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom