Dive Rite RG1208 1st stage worth rebuild?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubapr1705

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I got my hands on this regulator that looks in really good conditions but needs some basic maintenance kit replacements. What are the specs of this 1st stage? Is it worth the re-build? With which other 1st stage it compares to? I can only find the service manual for it but no pther info.

The RG1208 is a proven design that works well. I have one here that my brother in law gave me that I use from time to time. Service kits are available on line from Northeast Scuba Supply. I would rebuild it myself and use it.

I still use a RG1208 purchased maybe 20 years ago, it has never given me any problems.

Specifications
  • European EN250 norms: Regulator meets the European EN250:2003 norms
  • Ports Low pressure: 4 (3/8-24 UN)
  • High pressure: 2 (7/16-20 UNF/ISO263)
  • Connectors: 300-bar DIN and yoke adapter
  • Intermediate pressure: 140 PSI
  • O-rings: Viton® o-rings with oxygen-compatible lubricant
  • Cold water rating: 50 °F (10 °C) (for lower temperatures use the cold water environmental kit P/N RG1226)
  • Nitrox ready: To 40%

1208s are functionally equivalent to WMD 804, Hog D1, Apeks DST, etc. You can't really screw one up. DGX has manuals. Hog 5th port adapters also fit 1208s.

I've got 5 of them as my go to regs. My first and only cave regs and have them had for years. I'm always open for another one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom