Dive Rite Nomad Ray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jus figuring a way to attach a Sidewinder before taking one (I was told that it does not integrate with the SW)

Is that the only reason you want to switch?

My K2 is great. I don't have any major complaints with it. My one minor complaint is not being able to easily dump gas while in a head-down/butt-up orientation.

My reasons for wanting to switch to a Ray are:

- It's a brand my shop sells. I'd rather be diving something we sell. Also, we get great support from Dive Rite. We don't sell Hollis, so I have no direct support for my K2, should I ever need it.

- I like the bottom dump better.

I want to add that I have not dived a Ray, nor even seen one in the water with my own eyes.

I believe that the Ray and K2 are very comparable. If it wasn't for my shop being a DR dealer, I would definitely not bother attempting to switch. If I dived a Sidewinder, I would not switch.

I do dive a Choptima (with my K2), but I'm unclear on whether the Ray actually has any features that are specific to the Choptima. It attaches with 4 bolt snaps, so I'm not sure how the Ray could really have anything that specifically makes a Choptima better or easier to dive. I.e. diving a Chop is not really a factor, to me, in wanting to switch.

I thought you dove the rEVO??

Now, both. Optima CM for caves and maybe for travel for recreational diving. rEvo for everything else.

The right tool for the right job...

Now, both. Optima CM for caves and maybe for travel for recreational diving. rEvo for everything else.

The right tool for the right job...

Just like formal and casual wear?? Black tie vs. shorts?? Day wear vs. evening wear vs. swim wear??
Soviet Fashion Show

Hi guys,
It seems to me that you are all wrong 😱... !!!
I have never dove with, nor seen the Nomad Ray yet but just looking at the pics, it seems that the inflation of the wing happens all the way up which would make this system really different to the "diamond shaped" BCD (Xdeep, Razor, K2).
Such a wing is less likely to make your trim "head heavy" ...
Kind bubbles

My one minor complaint is not being able to easily dump gas while in a head-down/butt-up orientation.
Why would you ever want that? You can't dump gas from your suit in that position either.
I use a homemade sm rig and I didn't put a dump valve on the lower part because I wouldn't use it.

SuperFabric on the rear is nice. Unsure how I feel about the choice of location of the rear dump. I imagine DR will make a run or two with Gemini/Sidewinder holes. Nice to start to see more hardware that doesn't need to be changed out (bungee clip, bungee retainers). Weight capacity doesn't concern me. Kind of surprised at the weight. Curious how the bladder looks whilst inflated. Michael Thomas has some more images on his FB, as do a few others.

TL:DR kind of an XDeep/K2 clone and it's not a harness I plan to play test dummy for.
There is a video on the diverite youtube channel where you can see it partially inflated in the water.

Do you use a stock xdeep or k2 with the Gemini or some modified rig with holes in the wing?

It kinda stinks that the manufacturers never show how their SM rigs look in the water at full or near full capacity.

There is a video on the diverite youtube channel where you can see it partially inflated in the water.

Do you use a stock xdeep or k2 with the Gemini or some modified rig with holes in the wing?

It kinda stinks that the manufacturers never show how their SM rigs look in the water at full or near full capacity.
Stock K2 for most things.

It looks like it’s got a pronounced hump when fully inflated.

I’d like to see more pics , videos, or actually see one in person. I’m interested but not sure if I’m interested enough to swap from my k2.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom