Dive Rite Nitek Plus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yts

Reaction score
I am NEW to diving. I am looking into buying a computer. I`m considering buying a Nitek Plus. Would much appreciate any coments about it.

try the search function, the Nitec+ appeared in several threads. I've got one as a back-up, works well. Very small display though, I wouldn't want it as a primary. Also doesn't do RGBM or anything like it.

Do you have any idea of its going price?

The asking price is around $450 I believe.

It is a snazzy computer - a friend of mine has one and I've dove it and like it a LOT. When my SmartCOM got recalled, it was the second SmartCOM I had to send back to ScubaPro so I told 'em to keep it and give me store credit so I could buy a Nitek and an SPG.

The BAD part of this story is this - the WAIT!!! I did this back in mid-July. I was told by DiveRite it would be a couple of week wait. No problem. A couple of weeks pass...no Nitek. I call DiveRite again. It'll be mid August, we promise. Mid-August rolls around...beginning of September is the answer now!

First week in September...I call again. We'll have more the beginning of October!

October rolls around...I just called 'em yesterday. Mid-November!

Yah....right. If I didn't have my heart set on that computer I would have bought a different one a long time ago. They have been backordered BIG TIME on those things. If you can find an LDS that's got one, go for it. I'm glad I have a Suunto Companion as a backup, otherwise I would be out of a computer entirely.

Otherwise, this person has had several of them on eBay brand new:

eBay Link

I would have done it already, but I have store credit for my SmartCOM and not actual cash....so I can't really go through any other channels.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom