dive rite h10 light mod

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dustinfl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
i have a 10w dive rite hid i believe it is the h10 head. the light went from working great to now it works for about 15 mins and shuts off. if i turn it off for awhile i can turn it back on with the same problem. this leads me to believe the problem is in the bulb/ballast most likely being the ballast. with that being said i have seen some post about people upgrading there m11 head to a 14w. does anyone know if this can be done with the h10 head and if so where i can get the parts. thanks

Have you checked the life of the batteries before replacing the bulb/ballast?

i charged it fully had the problem then took the battery to work to check it and had 12.something volts. brought it home and try it again with the same results

It's not the voltage but the charge capacity that's the prob... think of an old hand phone that keeps dying on you, it's not the phone but the battery. You could test the remaining capacity of the batteries.

Only 2 things I can think of, batt life, or torch circuity if any.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom