• Good

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Bad

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Haven't tried it

Votes: 45 67.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divin'Hoosier:
I use these Dive Rite fins. The spring straps are NOT connected to the fin via a quick release. There is no easy way to disconnect the straps from the fins, which I think is a good thing. One thing that is different from the picture in the fins I have is that the spring strap on mine has a V-shapped pull tab at the back of the fin strap. I find this very helpful in removing the fins.

They are stiff and provide a significant amount of thrust when needed. They are definitely longer than the Jets or Turtles, but I have not had any problems doing frog kicks with them. Being a bit longer and not as wide, I think they lend themselves better to the flutter kick than the frogs. Since I don't use the frog kick exclusively but mix up the frog with the flutter and the modified flutter, these have worked well for me. I have the Large size fins and they have a good sized fin pocket that fits my size 9 (Large) Bare Ice Boots, which are pretty good size boots. I recently went dry and it looks like they'll also fit my size 9 (Large) Bare Trek Boots, but I haven't tried them in the water yet.
Thx for such a detailed post, Divin'Hoosier! :) And thanks for emphasizing the difference in length between these and Jets or Turtles. I knew Dive Rite fins were longer but I wasn't aware of the connection between length of fin and type of kick. Now, of course, it makes perfect sense. :wink: (I thought certain fins weren't suitable for certain kicks due to the stiffness of fin, not length.)

annasea:
Thx for such a detailed post, Divin'Hoosier! :) And thanks for emphasizing the difference in length between these and Jets or Turtles. I knew Dive Rite fins were longer but I wasn't aware of the connection between length of fin and type of kick. Now, of course, it makes perfect sense. :wink: (I thought certain fins weren't suitable for certain kicks due to the stiffness of fin, not length.)

It's actually a bit of both. I focused on the length v. breadth of the fins because the DRs and Jets/Turtles are both solid, stiff fins. When you start to factor in fin stiffness, that certainly becomes an issue as well to consider in addition to shape.

Glad I could help.

I don't use them myself, but a buddy of mine went to them from Turtles last year. He changed over since he said he needs to flutter kick in high flo systems. He really likes them. I use Blade II's and I really like them for thrust. However, trying to do helicopter turns, I look like a herniated frog....:D

Back
Top Bottom