• Good

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Bad

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Haven't tried it

Votes: 45 67.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I owned a set of Dive Rite fins and didn't like them as much as my Jets. They were longer (not so good for tight spaces) and didn't seem to have the same thrust as the Jets. If I didn't have a set of jets (say I lost one:)), I would consider buying a set of the OMS version - they are much lighter/less negative and when I tried a buddy's they seemed to kick pretty similar to my jets.

Jackie

KOMPRESSOR:
Looks ok to me, especially since they include spring straps, which is far more rugged than any rubber bands or plastic clips.

From the photo, it looks as if the spring straps are secured to the fin with a quick release. What would be the purpose of that? Seems like it would cancel the reason for getting springs in the first place.

Jet fin are the best

Jason Ooi:
Jet fin are the best
Well, that may very well be, but I'm interested in the Dive Rite fins because they're lightweight yet still (apparently) lend themselves well to kicks other than the flutter. I'll be doing all of my diving away from home, Jason, so the lighter the fin, the better. :wink:

annasea:
Well, that may very well be, but I'm interested in the Dive Rite fins because they're lightweight yet still (apparently) lend themselves well to kicks other than the flutter. I'll be doing all of my diving away from home, Jason, so the lighter the fin, the better. :wink:
I strong agreed!majority divers love lighter fins, my wife as well :)
I have used force fin, personally feel too light but easy to kicking too:popcorn:

Hoyden:
I owned a set of Dive Rite fins and didn't like them as much as my Jets. They were longer (not so good for tight spaces) and didn't seem to have the same thrust as the Jets. If I didn't have a set of jets (say I lost one:)), I would consider buying a set of the OMS version - they are much lighter/less negative and when I tried a buddy's they seemed to kick pretty similar to my jets.

Jackie

Your talking about the slipstreams?

I use these Dive Rite fins. The spring straps are NOT connected to the fin via a quick release. There is no easy way to disconnect the straps from the fins, which I think is a good thing. One thing that is different from the picture in the fins I have is that the spring strap on mine has a V-shapped pull tab at the back of the fin strap. I find this very helpful in removing the fins.

They are stiff and provide a significant amount of thrust when needed. They are definitely longer than the Jets or Turtles, but I have not had any problems doing frog kicks with them. Being a bit longer and not as wide, I think they lend themselves better to the flutter kick than the frogs. Since I don't use the frog kick exclusively but mix up the frog with the flutter and the modified flutter, these have worked well for me. I have the Large size fins and they have a good sized fin pocket that fits my size 9 (Large) Bare Ice Boots, which are pretty good size boots. I recently went dry and it looks like they'll also fit my size 9 (Large) Bare Trek Boots, but I haven't tried them in the water yet.

I have tried the diverite fins in the pool and dint really like them that much i use the oms slipstreems with my wet suit and xs scuba turtels with my drysuit they both work well the slipstreem trim me out better than the jet's in my wet suit guess my feet are heavy as for slpit fins i have tried the split jet they work well in a single tank wet suit with no current situation but add doubles drysuit and stages and i can see an issue

Divin'Hoosier:
I use these Dive Rite fins. The spring straps are NOT connected to the fin via a quick release. There is no easy way to disconnect the straps from the fins, which I think is a good thing.

I originally asked the question about the quick disconnect. The photo wasn't very clear and I couldn't tell so I was asking. Good to hear they don't have them.

ZzzKing:
I originally asked the question about the quick disconnect. The photo wasn't very clear and I couldn't tell so I was asking. Good to hear they don't have them.

Sorry I came across so strong. Didn't mean to. Using all caps is never a good thing!

I can understand why you thought they did have quick disconnects. In one of the pictures they actually do show them with quick disconnect straps. The pictures on the DiveRiteExpress.com website are inconsistent and inaccurate. They actually look quite a bit different than show on their website. The picture on the actual diverite.com website are more accurate but less detailed.

Back
Top Bottom