Dive Rite Deco Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, that’s good to hear. Once it’s been O2 cleaned, can it be used with air too, as long as the air is hyper clean?

Yes. And you do not need a special hose, though if the current hose has been used with non-OCA, then technically it should not be considered O2 Clean, I think.

The first stage is the part of concern as that is where you are dealing with high pressure and O2. Once it leaves the first stage it could go into a garden hose and would make no difference.

The first stage is the part of concern as that is where you are dealing with high pressure and O2. Once it leaves the first stage it could go into a garden hose and would make no difference.
I wouldn't go that far. 140psi of oxygen still deserves respect.

Dont forget about Apollo 1. That wasn't under pressure, just a high o2 environment.

I wouldn't go that far. 140psi of oxygen still deserves respect.

Dont forget about Apollo 1. That wasn't under pressure, just a high o2 environment.

Yeah, Apollo 1 also had spark. I doubt if you will find that in a second stage hose or second stage. Lets not be argumentative just for the sake of being argumentative. It gets old and is tiring.

A NASA review board found a stray spark (probably from damaged wires near Grissom's couch) started the fire in the pure oxygen environment.

a deco reg is just that ,,,,, it doesn't have to be a top of the line reg a reasonable reg will do if prepared properly how deep do you think it will be working at ? I get a kick about all the so called experts say what it needs to be ......how much deco do they really do / have done ?

Legend would not be a good choice for a deco reg as it does not have a swiveling turret, at least not the one I am looking at.

What does it matter? It’s worked well as a pony reg with lots of practice deploying it.

What does it matter? It’s worked well as a pony reg with lots of practice deploying it.

Your reg is perfectly fine. Not a single one of my deco or stage bottles have a turret reg on them and they work just fine.

It doesn’t matter. Swivel on a deco reg is irrelevant. I have some with and some without. No difference in the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom