Dive Rite Deco Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have no idea how this reg breaths at 20', but I do know that on most of my deco dives I'm on O2 nearly half the dive.

Why would I want to be on a $hite reg for half the dive?

I have used one. Works fine for x100 at 20 feet as a dedicated rig. Perfectly adequate for training. However, I would not use it as my personal o2 reg if I could afford an M1. I would also definitely not use it at 70 feet with x50. Well maintained it is better than using a rental one that may not be.

Which part of

320 Australian $

you don't understand?

:D

(as today, 320 AUS $ = 230.18 US $)

I have no idea how this reg breaths at 20', but I do know that on most of my deco dives I'm on O2 nearly half the dive.

Why would I want to be on a $hite reg for half the dive?

It's not a $hite reg. It's an unbalanced reg. It's perfectly fine for shallow use. You won't be able to tell the difference between how it breathes and how another reg costing 3 or 4 times the price breathes at 6 meters. That's the whole point. Don't buy an unbalanced reg and expect it to breathe easy at 100 meters. Don't buy a 100 meter reg if you're never going to use it deeper than 6.

Which part of

you don't understand?

:D

(as today, 320 AUS $ = 230.18 US $)

I, probably like some others here, didn't pay close enough attention to notice that important factor.

I'd still say that it's overpriced, but I think how much it's overpriced depends on the cost of servicing it in the future, and on the cost of other regs.

I'm packing up to fly out tonight for some wreck dives, and my main deco reg (for EAN50 or for O2) is a Scubapro MK25. I bought it 12 or 15 years ago because I was naive and dumb enough to believe the salesman's pitch that I should have the very best regulator: "It's life-saving equipment; why be a Cheap Charlie when you're buying something your life will depend upon?! Plus, it's good to 100 meters or deeper!" … Right, except that a MK25 is way more regulator than I need for 21 meters or shallower, which is all I ever use it for nowadays, since it's just a deco reg (a very expensive deco reg …)

Don't get me wrong; I love my MK25. But I could just as happily breathe from something half the price, or less, between 21 meters and the surface.

I won't need 2 deco regs this trip, but if I did, I'd bring my cheesey little green DiveRite O2 reg. I got it really cheap, and it works great for what it's meant to do: be a low-cost dedicated oxygen-only regulator.

Just sayin' …

Anyone is using this one for their deco bottles? DiveRite Deco Reg
Impression?

Rabe...
DGX....jpg

This is a much better DGX option...DGX Deep Six...bailout/deco/stage...your choice...

Same money as the Dive Rite package in your link...

Without the worry of the small/unbalanced/open spring chamber/depth limited Highland fist stage...

I have two of these...rock solid...very dependable...green hoses are available if needed...

Hope this helps...

Best...

Warren

It breathes kinda crap. I took the second stage off and use the first stage for DS inflation (which is how I think it was originally intended to be used- hence the OPV).

Question: so I could take my current pony reg - AL Legend first stage with Apeks second stage (yellow, as it’s my original octo) - have it O2 cleaned and use it as a deco reg? Do I need a special hose?

Question: so I could take my current pony reg - AL Legend first stage with Apeks second stage (yellow, as it’s my original octo) - have it O2 cleaned and use it as a deco reg? Do I need a special hose?

Absolutely could

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom