Dive Rite Deco Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use one for my O2 bottle....great little reg for the job.

There’s nothing wrong with having a dedicated O2 reg. Especially when it’s inexpensive and simple.

Honest question: why? What advantages do you get that overcome its very noticeable limitations?

Limitations? It’s an O2 reg. It breaths fine, requires little to no service, and it’s cheap as hell.
Will it breathe like **** at 70’? I don’t know, and honestly don’t care...I don’t breathe Oxygen at 70’.
I’ve had the same one on the same O2 bottle for years. It’s a workhorse.

There’s nothing wrong with having a dedicated O2 reg. Especially when it’s inexpensive and simple.

:The Oxygen Deco Regulator is not intended for use deeper than 50 ft (15m) on appropriate gas mix."

I assume this is not a big deal because the gas you intend on using cant be used anywhere near 50ft.
What is the MOD for 80% oxygen?

Not that cheap. It’s $320 without pressure gauge per OP’s link. The stage reg package from DGX or DRIS are $300 and include a pressure gauge. So not cheap.

If I owned one, I would certainly use it. That’s not in question. But if I did not own one, why should I buy one one when I can get a more capable regulator for the same price or less? What benefit do I get to offset the limitation? Even if that limitation is small, I should be getting something to offset it.

I figure I must be missing something: intelligent people have made that trade. I’m just trying to learn why.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom