Dive rite cx2 Vs lx20+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP - your problem is somewhat trivial. I've taken the light apart and know what you're talking about. If the screws get loose, use some light strength Loctite or any other bolt fastener. Just make sure you go with the "light" stuff so that you can remove it. There are multiple screws in the light and ultimately the QRM is screwed into the aluminum body. It is quite sturdy.

DR customer service has always been top notch for me. I don't know where you got the light, but you should be able to take it to a dealer and have them handle the process. If you don't want to deal with DR, you'll have to get 2 pieces (well, sounds like it): a small spring and a ball bearing. You can buy ball bearings online from places like McMaster:

Look for assorted small springs on eBay.

Finding the right parts should not take more than 30 minutes and the fix takes 10 minutes tops.

OP - your problem is somewhat trivial. I've taken the light apart and know what you're talking about. If the screws get loose, use some light strength Loctite or any other bolt fastener. Just make sure you go with the "light" stuff so that you can remove it. There are multiple screws in the light and ultimately the QRM is screwed into the aluminum body. It is quite sturdy.
Never thought about this! Loctite blue may be perfect for this situation. Thank you.

To the idiots like Whitrzac who don't know what they are talking about and are asking for more information: re-read my post about the details. If you're letting something like this "percolate" overnight you clearly need some hobbies/friends in your life.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom