Dive rite BP/W set up question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you even tried a HOG harness? Do you use a crotch strap?

The chest strap may clear your drysuit inflator, but I have read of a few people that it has gotten in the way.

I dove the Dive Rite deluxe harness for a few years, and toward the end of last summer i picked up the transplate. With both systems i used a crotch strap, and chest strap. I can see how it would interfere with the dry suit hose, but for me its never been a problem.
But like I said, thats what works for me

Ive been using Deluxe harness for a while aswell and really like it with chest strap. As for the plate i decided to pick AL plate and weighted STA, with this combo i dont need any extra weight when diving warm water. Pick 2" crotch strap it should be more confortable than the 1".

Do you really need a STA if you are only diving with a single tank and the dive rite SS BP already has two slots for the tank straps? Seems like it would be fairly secure once the tank straps tighten the tank to the BP.
I'm not quite sure why a 2" crotch strap would be more comfortable than a 1".

Nope,You will do fine without. It is just matter of preference and all pros and cons are pretty much mentioned already in this topic

I'm not quite sure why a 2" crotch strap would be more comfortable than a 1".

1" = more wedgie. 2" = stays out better.

You "dig" what i mean? lol

Do you really need a STA if you are only diving with a single tank and the dive rite SS BP already has two slots for the tank straps? Seems like it would be fairly secure once the tank straps tighten the tank to the BP.
I've never dove without the STA, but I have ad people tell me that it makes the tank more secure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom