Dive Rite Voyager or Subgravity wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dnh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Going to get my first BP/W and after a lot of reading have narrowed my choices down to either a Dive Rite Voyager or Subgravity Paragon wing with a SS backplate. Have worked out with LDS that they're both very similarly priced for the wing. I dive in SFL, warm water and need a few lb of weight in trim pockets even with a SS plate. Both wings seem to have similar lift, only real difference I can see is that DR needs an STA, and the SG has a built in STA. I'm sure that I'll be fine with either one, but is there any reason to get one over the other? Thanks for all the help.

Both great companies that make great products.

The Dive Rite Voyager wing abosultely does not need a STA...my wife and I have been using this very wing for a number of years now and have never had any issues or felt the need to add a STA, and we use plastic book screws to attach the wing to our plates (mine is a Dive Rite plate and hers is a Sub-Gravity short plate).

The number 1 advantage, in my opinion, to the Dive Rite wing is that its design makes it super easy to add/remove tank cam straps. One does not need to pass the straps through narrow slots and fidgit with adjusting the position...the cross-hair design of the Dive Rite Voyager wing's center section makes this a breeze.

I am sure either wing you purchase will serve you well.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom