Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it was bad at Alhambra. Also, I was surprised to find the reef balls half buried.
most likely from all the beach renourishment that has since washed out. just what the mitigation reef was set up to do.

most likely from all the beach renourishment that has since washed out. just what the mitigation reef was set up to do.

yeah, but they've been there for how many years now, and barely been covered? I was just shocked at the sheer amount of washout from the last year. I'm going to attribute it to Irma.

I appreciate y'all keeping this thread active and alive. I have not dived / dove Venice beach area yet, but plan to relocate to the area within the next couple of years. I find y'alls contributions very valuable. Thanks.

Service club park is now open again Toothdiver!

Attachments

• 098243BB-D51C-48A3-986B-CF3B381E59EE.jpeg
    098243BB-D51C-48A3-986B-CF3B381E59EE.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 180
Between my wife, brother & sister-in-law we bagged 1,300 small teeth yesterday off venice beach proper, surprisingly good visibility even with storms overhead we had a great time!

Sorry for the late report...

The wife and I did a Florida road trip to Venice in early May. We did the normal beach sifting for a couple days and I was able to set up one trip with Capt. Mike on Aquanutz. On 8 May the wife dropped me at the dock and then fished the jetties and shopped while I was out.

Anyway, after a thorough pre-dive brief by both Mike and "E" we headed out. I joked that 6" teeth were guaranteed he said yeah, 8". We laughed and laughed.

We hit the water and vis was 15', temp 78°, not too much algae yet.
I hit a small Meg on the first dive along with plenty of other bones.
Second dive, lots of small teeth and then, 10' from the anchor, an 8" tooth! 700psi left but I managed to get it up. Listen to the brief is all I can say. Would have missed it if I hadn't.
Third dive, "E" got a pretty tooth and the rest of us ended up with more smalls.

Fun day on the water. If you get a chance, make a trip with the Aquanutz guys. Fun and easy trip. Worth the time.

Right, pics or it didn't happen.
I didn't say 8" Meg.
Colombian Mammoth.

20180606_004028.jpg

Took my boat down Manasota Key today
Found a good spot, lots of small teeth and a meg
82F and 8-10 ft viz
Lots of dead fish from the red tide
Lots of red patches on the surface
But, still a pretty good day

#1 dive buddy and I went to both South Brohard and Venice public beach yesterday with the idea of diving. There are Red Tide warnings at both beaches, dead fish at both beaches and respiratory and throat irritation caused coughing when we got within 50 ft of the water.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom