Dive Report- Yukon and Ruby E

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RickHeil

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just wanted to give kudos to Waterhorse Charters and their excellent boat and crew on the Humboldt! Dove with them this weekend while taking my TDI Adv Wreck course.
The boat is perfect for tech divers as well as rec divers and Ryan and Anita at first rate, being both helpful & knowledgeable as well as a lot of fun!

We did my six required penetration dives and drills on the Yukon and Ruby E which are perfect for learning adv wreck penetration. It was challenging but a great way to learn new skills and hone them. I'm a lot more comfortable now with lot line, lost buddy, lost air, silt out, line placements, and other great technique.

I highly recommend the Humboldt as well as Wreck Alley. Lots of fun.

We did a noght dive on the Ruby E whihc was as fun a dive as I think I've ever done, tons of lobsterm crab and other life and the boat was just alive with things to look at. The fastest 35 mins of bottom time I think I ever had!

We had vis of about 50+ ft, calm seas and water was about 60 degrees (62 Yukon, 58 at Ruby E).

Thanks for the report. I'm headed out to San Diego and will be diving the Yukon with Waterhorse Charters on Thursday. 62 degrees on the Yukon is about 10 degrees higher than I was expecting!

Ryan and Anita are awsome, I was on Humbolt at the Yukon yesterday with them and they made a spectacular dive even better. Great boat, great customer service, just really good people and the boat ride is like 15 minutes from the dock (Yukon). I can't wait to dive with these guys again

Good report Rick. I'm looking forward to wreck diving if I ever get my back functioning again. I will keep this operation in mind.

Art

Rick and bertramguy,

Sorry for the brief derail, is this Anita, ex-Marissa? I've been looking for her.

Thanks so much, good diving, Craig

I'm going to be in San Diego before Thanksgiving and was thinking about booking on the Humboldt. Looks like I won't be disappointed.

Sounds like fun , thanks Rick for the report :)
62? wow, as Debersole said, about 10 warmer than you might expect

Anita ? ... Yay! looks like I found a new dive boat to dive from :bounce3:
... she likes SB's moonie yanno ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom