Trip Report Dive Report South Doubles, Palm Beach Fl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve Roquemore

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Dive report for South Double Ledges October 22, 2021

Day started off with rain storms off in the distance and our radar showed we were not in the path of the storms so out we went but staying close to the inlet just in case conditions changes. Ocean was calm and very light breeze despite thunder offshore and rain moving north west up the beach. First in was Dan and Clay with scooters at a no name reef that we sometimes hunt on. Watching their bubbles which never moved very far from their buoy we expected the report to be no bottom current and they did not disappoint. Second dive we moved to South Double Ledges which is 2.5 miles south east of the inlet for BJ and my first dive of the day. Still close enough to get back in if weather went bad topside. With a slow vertical drop I never drifted off the mark that I picked out for reference. Vis was estimated at a clear 60 ft. current was nonexistent and temp low 80’s. We are totally amazed at how heathy this reef is and especially how close to the inlet it was. Several lion fish that had no fear and stared me down knowing we had a camera not a spear, one very large nurse shark sleeping and many thousands of schooling fish. The reef itself was abundant with coral life and cleaner fish size juveniles by the thousands. Depth of the reef was 80-90 to the sand and 15 feet less on top of the reef. Love the diving here in Palm Beach and adjoining areas, just makes it so hard to decide where to go next as there are so many great sites here. Coordinates 26 44.436 N 80 0.830 W?sub_confirmation=1

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom