Dive report - Paradise Springs Sunday Nov 2nd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cyberfed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey folks,
Here's a quick dive report of Paradise Springs for yesterday Sunday November 2nd.

We arrived to the site at around 10:00 a.m. At this time there was only 2 other divers there (whom one of which I had talked to on scubaboard the night before). The entire day we had the spring to ourselves!

Water conditions were around 72-74 degrees is what my computer logged.
Visibility was great, I would say 80 ft+ (I'm not best at judging distance). The guy who runs the place said there was a "good heavy flow" but when we dove the entire spring we found NO flow anywhere.

Its a nice deep dive (90+feet before it becomes cave only cert) with two huge cavern ballrooms that make Ginnie's ballroom look like retention pond!) There were lots of armored catfish to check out and fossils in the cavern walls.

I highly recommend this dive if you have not done it. Its an easy dive that lets you dive deep if you want or stay shallow and still be able to explore. Silting is not a big issue unless you are really near the bottom. The rooms are so huge you can stay well above the silt with no effort.

There are two guide lines that go all the way to the bottom where the "STOP GO NO FARTHER" sign warning you it becomes a cave. But its fun to dump all your air, hold onto the guide line and just zip down the line.

Looking back from 95ft to the entrance shows you a nice glow of the surface light which is very impressive. Bring a flashlight it is required there.

Cyberfed,
I had agreat time there as well, i appreciate you letting me tag along with you guys and look forward to diving with you again.
Dan

Hope you can set this dive up again. Sounds like a great dive.

I live less than 10 minutes from Paradise, I always go there to use new equipment and whatnot. Curt (The owner) is a real nice guy... Did you get to see the washing machine in the wall? If not, look for it next time... =)~

Thnx for the report

Thanks a lot for the report. I might try to make it out this weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom