Dive Report: Menjangan Island, Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,

Thank for sharing picture. WOW menjangan, Bali so good visibility and good dive site?

You got very impressive picture

Cheer
Jason

Thanks Jason for the kind words. I'm still wondering of a disgraceful accusation of a fellow scuba diver on using other people's photo when I actually spent my time and money to take these photographs myself.

Don't sweat that comment about the photos---they are your pictures & it is something of a backhanded compliment to have someone think they looked so good that they had to be professional shots. Nice work & thanks for the trip report. I am quite looking forward to seening Menjangan myself in April.

Where did you stay & who did you dive with?

Blackfish:
Don't sweat that comment about the photos---they are your pictures & it is something of a backhanded compliment to have someone think they looked so good that they had to be professional shots. Nice work & thanks for the trip report. I am quite looking forward to seening Menjangan myself in April.

Where did you stay & who did you dive with?
Great Blackfish, glad to know not everyone thinks the same way. Plus, I have tonnes of bad shots, but the beauty of digital camera is to choose the good ones for sharing.

I actually stayed in Sanur for the night, then 3 1/2 hour land journey north for the dive. A day trip actually. I dived with balidives.com (Mr Nyoman Trijata). Price was about $85 for everything (all equipment, transport, 2 dives, and packed lunch).

And before I forget, have fun in April! Pls tell us your story as well.

nuswhl:
Could you please tell us your camera setup? With or without strobe?
No strobe, LOL. Mine is Canon A70 (old camera, I think there's another fellow diver here who uses A70 and takes much better shots!). Setup? Mostly set in auto and corrected the Levels with Adobe Photoshop.

I've tried Cloudy or Sunny setting under the programme mode but the photos are mostly blurry. For next dive (Sipadan), I'm trying to use Fast Action mode because the shutter speed will be higher, to improve image stabilisation.

careful of your waterproof case...Ive flooded 2 A70's when diving less than 15 metres

Lyndon:
careful of your waterproof case...Ive flooded 2 A70's when diving less than 15 metres
That's correct! I almost flooded my A70 when diving in Langkawi. My mistake because I took things for granted (read: did not apply silica gel to the O-ring prior to entering the water). The divemaster predicted my A70 would die, but it didn't, pheww!

After that little incident, I always apply the silica gel before diving. In Menjangan, I went as deep as 25m and had no problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom