Dive Report - Hollywood Beach (Johnson St. Access)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Geesh, this is an awakening! I always thought I was slow....and this is the second instance of being called quick! Wow! Guess I need to relearn how to take it easy!

Well, I always thought you were slow, except for getting ready (Yes, I remember you standing in full gear on the beach for a second or two while I was gearing up that time...;-) ) and doing those surface swims (where I'm the slowest of our group

Jenny I did not mean to make it sound like the reason I am thinking of solo diving is because you are quick. I just reread my post and it sounded that way. I meant to say, I am thinking about it because I am a slowpoke, I am always the last in the swim out and in, I try not to rush when diving because between working, running errands, kids lessons, and generally trying to fit everything into the day, I try not to rush thru a dive, it is my only down time.
The only time we dove together was in Venice and we all went our way and zoomed past each other on our desperate search for the meg.

C'mon TNarc, you know that you were saying that Jenny is a real speed demon underwater, a veritable human torpedo.

I feel that way about her gear-up procedure. I mean, she'll be in the water while I'm still putzing around in my dive bag...

GrierHPharmD:
(It's nice to have the comfort of a buddy whose style matches your own.)

Thanks for the compliment Grier :D I'm glad you had a good dive. Being that I'm out-of-commission for the moment, and being that I know you're a very competent diver (at least better than I am a one hand typist), I won't mind you going solo. I look forward to diving with you again soon!!

Geesh! I just read all that stuff AFTER I dived with you guys...I'm glad you'll still let me dive with ya :D

GrierHPharmD:
...had a few that I had to call due to what I'll just call the Heebie Jeebies - that strange feeling of being alone in dark, cold water (70 degrees, 2' viz)...On the other hand, there's a serenity that I find diving alone that it unparalleled.
I dive to see the beautiful creatures and views. I get paranoid when the viz is less than 5'. I've stayed in one sheltered place, moving no more than 10' for an hour because of low viz. I'm a big chicken and proud of it.
I dive solo most of the time and had to think hard about doing it. I dove shallow and even tagged along behind some divers twice, going deeper than before and pretending that was safe. Diving solo takes thought, preparation, and the right personality. It's not for everyone and only the person doing it knows if it's right for them. I still won't go too deep or in bad viz or conditions out of the ordinary for the my usual dive at the jetties.
Solo diving is great relaxation for me and great for taking pictures. It helps with my crazy schedule to dive alone, I'm only at the mercy of the tides during my free time. Love to dive with others and am looking forward to diving with some of you conchs in the future.

GrierHPharmD:
C'mon TNarc, you know that you were saying that Jenny is a real speed demon underwater, a veritable human torpedo.

I feel that way about her gear-up procedure. I mean, she'll be in the water while I'm still putzing around in my dive bag...

Now let's be truthful Grier- That's AFTER we get her to stop socializing!! :wink:

signed,
The Red-headed Stepchild of scubaboard.com

Scubaguy62:
I look forward to diving with you again soon!!

Rick, as far as matching styles goes, you are always welcome to be my buddy. I learn something new every time we go out together. (BTW, I hope the recovery is going well. I'm looking forward to seeing you and Angie this weekend. It won't be the same without you in the water, but I'm sure that you'll be handling things well for the surface support perspective.

And Marvel, the only reason I didn't mention Jenny's socializing is that I'm as bad as she is and she still usually beats me to the water. BTW, you're the BLOND-HEADED Stepchild...

GrierHPharmD:
the only reason I didn't mention Jenny's socializing is that I'm as bad as she is and she still usually beats me to the water. BTW, you're the BLOND-HEADED Stepchild...
Glad that is cleared up now!! LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom