Dive Report - Gerstle Cove - 26 Aug 09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really don't think I've ever thought about sharks at Gerstle Cove. Longshore currents, for sure; navigation to get back in the cove, for sure. At Ft Ross I do sometimes think about what's out there, but for some reason not at Gerstle.

While it was a part of the briefing I didn't hear the "music" in my head the entire dive. There was an awareness that we were not going to surface way out there. Other than that I was concentrating on navigation and keeping Don by my side...

Next time it'll be singles and the scooters... I want to see if it clears up in the deeper parts. Does anyone have the bathy maps for Ft Ross and Salt pt?

Great report, Ben! We should do a North Coast camp-out sometime. It'd be great to meet up with Peter and Ryan and gang again!

Good or bad...I don't think too much about The Landlord when I'm diving here. That would just ruin the experience. I'm careful to not stay on the surface for too long but there's not much I can do if I run into one, so why worry about it ahead of time. Hey, I get in a car every day. If it's my time, it's my time.

While it was a part of the briefing I didn't hear the "music" in my head the entire dive. There was an awareness that we were not going to surface way out there. Other than that I was concentrating on navigation and keeping Don by my side...

Interesting that you said keeping me on your side. In Monterey, you seem to have no issues with single file or staggered. I wasn't "protection" for your right side was I?

Interesting that you said keeping me on your side. In Monterey, you seem to have no issues with single file or staggered. I wasn't "protection" for your right side was I?

Of course not! I was protecting your left side! :wink:

Here's an interesting perspective on diving with the landlord

YouTube - Devil's Teeth

The first shark in the film appears to have damage near the gills and fin.

Back
Top Bottom