Dive report for Wednesday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
02-01: Well, I finally got to dive with my good buddy justleesa! I had never been on the Dive Oahu boat although I knew "Eddie" from a gear purchase. I call him "can-do Eddie" because he is perpetually cheerful and competent.
There is a good easy going vibe on the boat, for those of you who care about that sort of thing. (I do) Also, Brian the owner really believes in good staffing ratios as effective risk management.
We dove Yo257 and the visability was very good--maybe 100 ft. I have seen it better, but its been awhile. Leesa knows where every eel hides and every nook and cranny. I felt the dive went by fast as we were working hard, trying to get certain shots. I found myself wishing for my macro. I missed a lot of great shots but did get a few more of the "from the bottom" looking up at the hull. The snowflake coral was looking very festive and I have some definite ideas for shots I would like to get with a diver. Leesa was a good model but had a camera of her own, so she is not the major "poser" type. Miss JB these days, that man could pose, pose, pose! I had him trained. GET THOSE FIN TIPS STRAIGHT!! I tried to tell leesa and she looked down, trying to figure out what I was pointing too! Just like a photographer! I did get a great shot of her "hard at work" viewing her playback lcd screen. hmmm....maybe there is a pointer there! Roger was retro with the double hose look going on. The YO257 is always teeming with amazing life....I think the fish are very happy there.
It was a great dive and someone had made homemade brownies!! photos, to follow

Sounds awesome! I am heading out to Oahu in two weeks so please do me a favor and don't let that 100ft visibility leave before I get there! If it tries to get away, stall it and if necessary restrain it by force. :D

Any idea what are the water temps running?

Hey Chris,

the water is about 74-ish, bring that hood chico.

If you have a lot of flexibility on dive days, check the tide chart. Probably won't help too much as deep dives almost always am. But at least you will know what to expect. Incoming the best of course, since nice clean clear water moves in from the deep. Some captains will hunt good viz down for you....

Thanks for the info!

My dry suit is going to be very upset when I tell it that it can't come on this trip with me.....:D

It was fun!!:D Wanna go diving again on Wednesday?

PS: If you look at the picture of me at the bow (at 100'), the dark shadow above is the dive boat...talk about clear :D

yes, lets make up some photo-objectives! I want you (or me) to come through the opening in the YO with a light, about half-way. We should write down a list of a bunch of images we want to capture and set out to get them. I have a nice light I gave JB and since he is gone, I could steal it. (led) Also, I want to get a divers face lit up inside the Sea Tiger. How far have you penetrated? I think we could ...just do rule of thirds, go down into the engine room, see whats there. photo document our macha Ninja dive! you know..be strokes. oh...thats not funny..sorry. photographers have a special exception to all that don't we? Also, I want to get a picture of the memorial on the Mahi sometime.

sounds like a plan :D whose boat?

I've never been in the engine room, but from what roger has told me it isn't that hard

Oh...shoot ..I will be in Kona, remember? rain check for the following? I would like to take you on Alex's boat or the Nori Z. I'll arrange it, you can give me a macro lesson.

oh yeah! that's right...ok, then I'll go fun diving alone....feel all naked with out a camera :D

Have a safe trip!

So is Atlantis Submarines still doing three dives per hour for eleven hours a day out there? That made for some LOOOOOONNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG days especially when other personnel were in jail for DUI and I had to work their days as well. I do not miss that at all.

Back
Top Bottom