Dive Report - Breakwater - 10 Oct 09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, that sounds like a more extreme version of my Sea Nettle attack. Isn't it wild seeing it through your mask and feeling the pain on your face? It was like a horror movie for me! My lip was swollen for days and then scabbed for a couple more. Those things are vicious! :wink:

Lesson of the day? Unless you are a Jellyfish gynecologist, looking up a Sea Nettle's skirt will only get you a fat lip. :shocked2:

Awesome report, Ben! I was shocked and laughing the whole time.

Ben I wish I had known you were there, I was there too, with fobturbo, and parked right next to Don and his class. Right next to Mike Mills, actually, who was next to Mike Guerrero, who was next to Don who was next to Kathydee. It was a SB party and we didn't know it!

It was great to meet you and fobturbo in person.

Ben_ca and adobo were there on Saturday. You and fobturbo were next to us on Sunday.

Definitely fun to see fellow SB'ers.

Ben I wish I had known you were there, I was there too, with fobturbo, and parked right next to Don and his class. Right next to Mike Mills, actually, who was next to Mike Guerrero, who was next to Don who was next to Kathydee. It was a SB party and we didn't know it!

That was you? Well it was nice meeting you then :D

Hey, we're sitting on pins and needles here waiting for an Essentials class report! :D What did you guys think?

I see at least 1 student survived...

I'll be watching Ebay and Craigslist for some good deals on slightly used gear :)

(at least until the class report comes out)

Brutal Ben! The one disadvantage to the scoots I suppose...

Last edited:
One of the few scooter dives I've done to date involved high-speed dodging of nettles at Breakwater. We probably had double the viz of this weekend, and it was still like deer popping in of you while driving at 50mph through fog. We ended up hugging the sand for most of the dive and taking LONG detours around big colonies.

When you're scooting, it feels like you're rushing headlong into a mine field. When you're kicking, it feels like you're getting surrounded and closed in on. I can't really say which is "better" to me :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom