Dive plans for 2021 during Covid-19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Normally this is the time of the year when I have a pretty clear road map of what my dive year would look like. I would know what certifications I need to work on for this year, what nearby dives I will be booking and where I intend to fly to for diving. This year is different. No one knows what is coming.

How are you planning your dive year during this pandemic? Is everyone still booking travel well in advance in hopes that vaccines will open things up? Or are you planning more local diving? What about training plans? Are you putting your trainings in hold or proceeding forward with them?

It is a period of great uncertainty and in the US at least, not all states are impacted equally. Id love to hear your thoughts.

I’m waiting to see how the vaccination and infection rates are, and then try Florida in the summer. Then Grand Cayman.

My last 2 trips where spur of the moment. I assume the next few will be as well...no need to plan ahead when airlines and hotels are all on sale...

Cozumel in March. Kona in May. At least that's the plan. Who knows what else?

With 4 overseas trips cancelled, we decided to get a piece of rental property in Florida. Going down there once a month in 2021.

Took advantage of the sale at Aggressor and will be headed to Belize in February. Sea of Cortez in July aboard the Rocio Del Mar.

I'm not planning anything until the case rates go down substantially. I've cancelled through February at this point, even for local diving (2 hours each way).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom