Dive Ops/LDS in Tampa Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TC:

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Off topic or nasty posts deleted.

Please feel free to take the nastiness elsewhere.

In order to save everyone time we'll just keep it simple- if it starts up again anyone participating will be thread banned and barred from further participation until they have gone out diving and remembered why we're her in the first place! :D (To be honest, judging from the reports we get folks are REALLY bored with the silliness)

Dang theres that 300 pound Gorllia again...:shocked2:

Okay I deal with on a regular basis.....

Scuba West
Divers Supply
Mac's
Zeagle Express Aquatic Adventures (Zepherhills)
Sunshine Scuba in Largo/st Pete
World of Water (once, but they were real nice to me)

Internet
Divers Direct ground ships and it arrives in Tampa overnight.
Leisure Pro (yes I will burn in Hell)

All of the shops in the Tampa area offer something different, lots focus on Spearfishing, some on cave diving, Spring dives. Everyone is trying to find their place in this world.... Mine is underwater. :cool2:

The ones I frequent the most are

1) Tackle Shack --They have EVERYTHING but ya pay a premium for it..
2) Depth Perception..Geared towards Tech Diving
3) Tampa Adventure Sports..Another nice place
4) Bill Jacksons..Another WELL stocked place, but it aint cheap !!!

I've used, in no particular order:

Mac's Sports
Diver's Supply
Aquatic Adventures
Scuba West

I found all of them to be helpful and friendly.

I use Narcosis in Tarpon Springs, Capt Joyce has always treated me well. They also have a charter boat that Ive found to be good, I like the idea that they let you spearfish on all trips.

IMHO- Opinions are like noses everybody has one and they all smell :) Take some time and visit a shop and meet the people there. See what they have to offer and make you own evaluation lots of people "like" or " Don't like" a shop based on the people in the shop sometimes not just the staff but the people who hang out there as well. I know that there are a lot of great shops here in the Tampa area you just need to find the one that fits you best. Have fun and safe diving.

B.

How about Tampa area charters? I have a group of 4 divers staying in Dunedin for a week in April and I'm thinking about using Tanks a lot charter for a couple of days. Any experience with them?

Jeff

How about Tampa area charters? I have a group of 4 divers staying in Dunedin for a week in April and I'm thinking about using Tanks a lot charter for a couple of days. Any experience with them?

Jeff

Charters too.. All the dive ops I've been on down there were private, not sure who coordinates them or if they advertise. But I'd like to get a list of them too

Jeff
They are great!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom