Dive Ops/LDS in Tampa Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CJM

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hey all

Just curious as to any info you all can give on reputable Dive Ops and LDS in the Tampa area? If someone was to move into the area where would they go to fill cylinders, get gear serviced etc, book a dive trip etc. Thanks!!

Bert Wilcher, Tampa Adventure Sports....

+1 on Mac's being really overpriced.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Knock it off and stay on topic. It's quoted below in case anyone has forgotten.

Hey all

Just curious as to any info you all can give on reputable Dive Ops and LDS in the Tampa area? If someone was to move into the area where would they go to fill cylinders, get gear serviced etc, book a dive trip etc. Thanks!!

There's one thing that the Tampa Bay area has and that's lots of dive shops and most are pretty good. If you can narrow down the area (N Tampa, Clearwater, St Pete, New Tampa, etc.) you can probably get some better info. Also if you provide some more details on what type of diving you do (general, spearo, technical, etc.) you can also narrow down your choices as some shops lean more towards a specific kind of diver and/or brands.

Shops I have used at least a few times and had no issues with:

Jim's Dive Shop
Scuba West
Tackle Shack
Bill Jackson's
Tampa Adventure Sports
Deep Six Divers Supply

Charters:
Captain Ty

Good luck,

John

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Off topic or nasty posts deleted.

Please feel free to take the nastiness elsewhere.

In order to save everyone time we'll just keep it simple- if it starts up again anyone participating will be thread banned and barred from further participation until they have gone out diving and remembered why we're her in the first place! :D (To be honest, judging from the reports we get folks are REALLY bored with the silliness)

I would have to agree with Jims Dive Shop being very good as well. They are just so far from me I dont get over there too often.

Capt. Ty runs a VERY good boat but doesnt allow spearing.
Capt. Rod of Dive Clearwater is recommended as well and allows spearing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom