Dive ops handling wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive dry? Urinate before getting in the water? Any number of solutions that do not require you to urinate on yourself. It's not a matter of infection or sanitation, it's a manner of acting like a civilized person. I don't want my urine on myself or anyone else.

You know you have some strong opinions and it sometimes seems to me you like urinating on people about lots of things. Not exactly civilized, polite behavior either.

Yeah, it's horrifying to swim and dive in an ocean that all kinds of animals constantly pee and poop into.

There IS a parrot fish conspiracy. They are always pooping on me....

It's true. Parrotfish must be the most prolific poopers on the planet.

You know you have some strong opinions and it sometimes seems to me you like urinating on people about lots of things. Not exactly civilized, polite behavior either.
Two thumbs way up. :D

And I will never understand some people's obsession about human urine when they are immersing themselves in a whole ocean full of urine, feces and a virtually endless supply of microbes...

Spoken like a nurse...

It sounds like a few here watch fish behavior and parrotfish are included. They chomp on coral which you think the park rules would be aginst if you can't wear gloves.

Then they swim away a bit and poop.

As for nurses...aren't they wonderful?

Do I think it is possible? Absolutely. MRSA in UTIs is not common, but does occur. It is spread through nursing homes and hospitals by exactly that mechanism.

You should probably add another layer to your tinfoil hat. You know, to keep out the alien brain waves. Seriously. Do you actually believe this, or are you so desperate to win your point that you'll resort to any form of a straw-man argument?

I will never understand why otherwise intelligent, professional and socially functioning adults cannot abstain from pissing themselves for a few hours.
I don't know. I have the world's tiniest bladder and when a boat doesn't provide a head I don't have much choice, especially if it's too hot to dive a drysuit with a peevalve. I need to go to the bathroom at least once an hour, especially if I'm well hydrated. And, the diuresis that I get underwater makes it that much worse.
What would you suggest as an alternative for a female on a dive boat without a head? In a tropical area where a drysuit would be uncomfortable? I guess I could wear a drysuit with pee valve and very light undergarment but its miserable to get into on a boat and not be able to cool off when topside temperatures are hot/humid. I know, because I avoid drysuit diving here in AZ during the summer for this very reason.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom