Dive Ops for West Palm...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erparamedic

Vampire Girl......er Dork
Reaction score
Hi there...

Hubby and I will be diving West Palm Beach in December (for 10 year anniversary). I've pretty much narrowed my search of dive ops down to booking with one of the following:

Ocean Quest- "Sandys Sunday"
Pura Vida
Narcosis

Big selling points for us include... only a few people on the boat... prefer no more than 12 (the fewer the better). Also... I like a crew that's willing to help me get gear to them before climbing out of the water (due to bad knees). I like a "personalized" experience.

I would like to hear from anyone that's dove with any of the above Dive Ops... and the good/bad points with them. Also... open to suggestions of other dive ops if you've had good experiences. Any and all info is much appreciated. We're really excited about this trip!!
Thanks!

I regularly dive with Pura Vida. The crew is very friendly and helpful. They have sunscreen, shampoo and I think conditioner right on the boat. Plus... they supply towels. They'll load your gear on and off the boat for you.

After my back surgery, they were very accommodating... Also... as an instructor, they'll frequently do special drops for my students and me...

I think the Sirena only holds 12 divers... It's a smaller boat than the Narcosis..

As for the Narcosis... I've never dove with them, but... I've never heard any complaints... So, I'm sure they're a good group, too.

I've been diving with all three ops and would highly recommend all of them. Personally, I usually dive with Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures but their boat is bigger (with more divers) than you are looking for. Both Sirena (Pura Vida) and Sandy's Sunday (Ocean Quest) take fewer divers -- I think 12 is max -- than either Narcosis or Abernethy's. Farther north, Cpt Paul at Jupiter Dive Charters also only takes 12 divers.

my vote would go to abernethy's
though they did leave a sour taste in my mouth last time during mini season...

LiteHedded:

What happened? Jim Abernethy is a very good friend of mine. As he is usually in the Bahamas on ShearWater, I know he would like to hear about any problems/complaints with the West Palm operation. PM me with details and I'll forward them along to him.

Doug

Well... If I can't make up my mind, maybe I'll do one day with Pura Vida, and one day with OceanQuest! LOL Sounds like they're both good.

debersole--- would you be up for a dive at the Blue Heron Bridge? (Of course... you could join us on the boats if you want to too :)) We'd love to have a local accompany us. I remember you saying that was one of your favorite dives. Most, if not all, of our diving will be during the week.

We'll be driving down... and arrive on Dec. 9. We check out and start for home on the morning of the 16th.

I'd love to join you. Give me details of your trip when it gets close and I'll drive over if I can. The only problem is Dec 9th is my daughter's 18th birthday and the 10th we're throwing my father an 80th birthday party. I'll see what I can do during the week.

Doug

they missed the reef on our second dive.
they finally re-dropped us on a great spot with bugs EVERYWHERE with about 700psi in our tanks.
we got one lobster a piece.
everyone who actually hit the reef got their limit on that dive.
we were also rushed us back in the water once they got us back over the reef I assume so they could get back to the afternoon crowd.
this is my first less-than-satisfactory dive with them

debersole:
I'd love to join you. Give me details of your trip when it gets close and I'll drive over if I can. The only problem is Dec 9th is my daughter's 18th birthday and the 10th we're throwing my father an 80th birthday party. I'll see what I can do during the week.

Doug

Awesome! I'm actually gonna miss my daughter's 7th birthday (the 15th), cause I'll still be in FL. I had to tell her I'd bring her an extra present back from FL. :D It totally slipped my mind when I was planning the vacation.

Let me know if you need any help planning your trip. I book for all of the ops you mentioned. My favorites are Narcosis and Jim Abernathy.

I'd love to jump on the boats with you as well and anyone else that can go.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom