Dive Operator Recommendations Broward or Palm Beach?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Squirm88

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Any recommendations for an operator for a diving during the week? I'll be in staying in Palm Beach the week of July 8 for a conference. My wife and I would like to get some dives in during the week. Any operators that usually have enough people signed up for dives during the week? Was trying to avoid making a reservation online to have cancelled the day before because no one else signed up to dive.

+1 for Narcosis in West Palm. Also Kyalami Charters in Jupiter, Jupiter Scuba Diving

If you're staying in Palm Beach, I'd dive in Palm Beach County...... Jupiter Dive Center is my 'go to' dive operator. Since I moved away from South Florida, I have focused my diving on JDC when I'm back in town. I haven't dove recently with the others noted above, but they are were great a few years ago when I was still in town.

Narcosis in WPB or Jupiter Dive Center. Both great ops and they put free guide in water that tows the flag. 99% of the time they will have enough people to go out during the week. Narcosis just takes a phone # to reserve a spot. JDC you have to pay in advance.
Nitrox highly recommended due to depths in that area.

Just wanted to update the post. Thanks for the recommendations. Ended up booking with Narcosis to dive last Wednesday.

They did not require my credit card information or pretty much anything to make the reservation over the phone. I called the day before the dive to confirm they would still be going out. Was informed the Narcosis boat would not be going out but to show up at 9am and they would be putting us on another boat.

Showed up at 9am and Narcosis staff was there to check us in. Paid Narcosis but dove on the Walkers Dive Charter boat with a mix of Walkers and Narcosis staff members on board. Boat was completely booked, with 5 people doing checkout dives with an instructor, and 2 people doing a discover scuba dives with a dive master. We ended up doing two dives on the reef in the 60' range. Enjoyed the dives and the crew was great given the crowded boat and the various levels of divers on board.

Is there really that much difference? What about Lady Go or Diversity?

Staying in Palm Beach would require a pretty long drive south for either boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom