Dive Op Recommendations - Iberostar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bgehrt

New
Reaction score
We are 3 experienced divers heading to Cozumel (for the first time). We have been diving for 20 years+, all over, but never to Cozumel. So we are Cozumel virgins!

How about a recommendation for a dive operation?
We're staying at the Iberostar.

We want to be be picked up by the dive boat at the Iberostar - no cabs!

Thanks for any suggestions!

Brad and crew :14:

www.bottomtimedivers.net Raul is owner/operator/divemaster, his boat has a max of 6 divers. The canopy comes in handy for those rainy days or the sunny ones if you are naked on top.

He does not rush you as some operators do. He will have the usual surface interval snacks on a beach, or if you want at a beach club. Really safety minded and can find the smallest creatures. Does all the dive sites and no extra charge for far south deep sites.

He may not have updated his website yet but he has raised his prices to 75 for a 2 tank dive. He discounts a few $ for multi-day diving.

Since you will be 3 thats half his fast boat so most likely you can suggest sites you have heard of. The first day he will evaluate you to determined which sites he needs to stay away from. THERE ARE SO MANY GREAT SITES THAT YOU WILL BE AMAZED NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO.

Most first dives are 80-100+ and multi level to get the most BT. Second dives are about 40-60.

http://www.bottomtimedivers.net His alternate e-mail is raul_platas@yahoo.com if you computer underlines links there is an underscore between the l and the p.

Any other help just ask.
Lou

If you are staying at the Iberostar do not overlook Dressel Divers. They are the onsite operation. They do group the advanced divers together and for the most part let you dive your air/bottom time. The surface interval is back at the resort so anything you want to eat or drink is available. If you are planning to do a lot of diving their 12 two tank package cannot be beat if you pay in advance and that includes EAN32 at no charge if you want it.
The package can be shared by the three of you also.
You can email sales1@dresseldivers.com for a complete price list or PM me.

We are going in July and staying there. Hope you don't mind if I piggy back with a few more ?'s. I heard the hotel gives other operators a hard time picking divers up at the dock. Has anyone stayed there recently? If so did you have any problems? Heard mixed reviews about Dressle, anyone have any recent dealings with them?

Thanx Mark

This is from there website (www.bluextseadiving.com) see last line:
Q: Where do you pick-up divers?
A: We pick up at the downtown pier and all hotels south of downtown including:
-Downtown Aldora pier (T-Shaped pier)
-El Cantil Condos
-Cozumel Palace (formerly Plaza Las Glorias)
-Barracuda
-Hotel Cozumel (formerly Fiesta Inn, Costa Club, Brisas, etc.)
-Caribe Blu (formerly Hotel Lorena)
-Villa Blanca
-Casa del Mar
-Park Royal
-La Ceiba
-Presidente
-Fiesta Americana
-Reef Club
-Allegro
-Occidental Grand
-We DO NOT pick up at the Iberostar Hotel

Double post...sorry :(

The page is updated! My webmaster had taken it off the dive packages page after Fordan brought it to my attention that is was still there, but we missed it on the FAQ page!

Iberostar has been easier to deal with since they reopened after the hurricanes...I hope it lasts :)

zaboAA:
This is from there website (www.bluextseadiving.com) see last line:
Q: Where do you pick-up divers?
A: We pick up at the downtown pier and all hotels south of downtown including:
-Downtown Aldora pier (T-Shaped pier)
-El Cantil Condos
-Cozumel Palace (formerly Plaza Las Glorias)
-Barracuda
-Hotel Cozumel (formerly Fiesta Inn, Costa Club, Brisas, etc.)
-Caribe Blu (formerly Hotel Lorena)
-Villa Blanca
-Casa del Mar
-Park Royal
-La Ceiba
-Presidente
-Fiesta Americana
-Reef Club
-Allegro
-Occidental Grand
-We DO NOT pick up at the Iberostar Hotel

I stayed at Iberostar last November, and went with Dive with Martin. Had a great time. Martin is considerably less expensive than Dressel divers, and picks you up at the pier in a smaller boat. Very fast boat! My package was for 5 2-tank dives, received a free night dive, although had to get a taxi to their dive shop, and also received a free dive video. My granddaughter loves the video, calls it Papa Dive. She is 2 1/2 and wants to go divin with me next time. Jim

I have stayed at Iberostar 4 times and dove with Dreseldivers 4 times. There are other good dive operators in Cozumel, but I believe you would be making a mistake if you didn't dive with Dressel. They are onsight and the dive sites are very close meaning you will get to go back to the Iberostar for your surface intervals. Dressel is reputable, safe, and offers just as much as any other dive operator out there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom