Dive op recommendations for Poipu Kauai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hammerhead man

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a friend that is going to Kauai in July and would like your recommendations for excellent dive ops. they are new divers with very few dives. One will have just gotten certified and one will have just finished his AOW. What are your recommendations.

:) My husband and I live in Ohio and vacation on Kauai every year and will always continue to dive with Kauai Aquatics Scuba. Also known as Kauai Scuba Center....this is a family owned and operated dive shop. They are located at Port Allen. Their number is 808-645-6815. You will NOT be disappointed! They ROCK!! And not only because you're on the ocean. :D OK, sorry, bad joke. They are very professional, they have a 100% safety record, they know aquatic life and make diving awesome! They certified my husband and our daughter a few years back and made me (with anxiety and near panic issues) LOVE diving. Now we're hooked. I know I sound like a sales person, I'm not. We just really took to them, we were very impressed the first time we dove with them about 3 1/2 years ago and continue to be thrilled with them every year we go. Hope this helps!! :)

Aquatics Adventures get my vote. Safe, professional, and knowledgable.

Kauai Aquatics Scuba

Aquatics Adventures

I have dived with both operations and like them both. KAS has a boat and AA has really great DM's and know the shore diving very well. AA is also an active poster here on ScubaBoard.

Your friend will not be disappointed with either shop.

OTOH, when I return to Kauai, diving Niihau is a must for me. I used Sea Sports for that and would use them again.

Here is a report based on my last Kauai dive trip. Kauai Dive Report - Links to Video/Pictures

I dove with Seasport divers in January and going out with them on Monday. They are great. Great boat and crew.

I've cannot say enough about SeaSport Divers in Koloa. SeaSport has a great dive shop, experienced personel - from the retail shop to the dive masters. They have been my LDS of choice for the past three years, and I've not been disappointed. They have the best safety record, well maintained large dive boat, friendly captains, dive masters and crew. They are fun to dive with, and always please the customers. The retail crew have handled reservations well, and have even special ordered me a wetsuit, which I bought after they had loaned me a wonderful fitting 5ml. I'll be diving with them at least twice next week, on their Ni'ihau boat. You couldn't do any better than SeaSport.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom