Dive op recommendations for Key West

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

decompression

Instructor...seriously...
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I've got a port stop in key west from a Disney Cruise and I'm thinking of getting in a dive or two. Unfortunately, disembarkation is 12:30 pm so most of the morning (deep, wreck) dives have gone leaving shallow reef dives in the afternoon.
Any recommendations for an op that a) does a decent reef dive in the aft or b) goes to the Vandenburg or other wreck in the afternoon?

Thanks!

Just remembered, Wookie works out of key west right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call Robert at Finz Dive Center. He's a little further from town than the bigger boats, but less than a $20 cab ride, but he operates a respectable 6-pack boat, and he'll wait for you if necessary. But many of the shops do afternoon Vandenberg dives, just call ahead. One of the things that makes me scratch my head about KW diving is that the boats don't show up at the dive site until 9:30 or 10 anyway, so the afternoon boat doesn't get going before 2 or so...

Thanks Frank! Feel free to pm me if you have some other points.....

I recommend Finz because that's how I like to be taken care of when I go diving.

Nice, I'll definitely take your recommendation.

Ok, so it looks like timings won't work to dive with finz, any other recommendations?

Try Captain's Corner.

Also, Lost Reef Dive Center. I have dove with them several times and scheduled to do the Vandy Mon AM. They are a good shop.

Thanks, I'm wary of a cattle boat but might have no choice. Looks like I'll only be able to do afternoon reef dives.....just hoping for a well run op.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom